ONLINE OFFICIALS TEST
Please use the 2015 rulebook for all online tests
You can take the online officials test (certification and re-certification) for any of the following:
Stroke & Turn/Timer
Open Water Judge
Open Water Referee
To take the test offline and then enter your answers at a later time, see instructions below in the "Critical Test Taking Information."
If you have questions about which test you should take or if your certification has expired, contact your LSC Officials Chair. Click here to find that contact information.
NOTE - USE 2015 RULEBOOK TO TEST!
Tests will now reflect changes in the 2015 Rulebook.
Instructions to Sign In to website account to take the Officials tests
To take any of the officials tests you must first sign in to your usaswimming.org website account with your user name and password.
1. If you have never created an account on usaswimming.org: You must first create an account. If you have completed your Non-Athlete membership with your Local Swimming Committee (LSC), follow the instructions to link your Web site account to your USA Swimming membership. Once you have created the account and linked it to your USA Swimming membership, navigate back to this page to continue the online officials test. If your membership is still pending, you can still come back here and continue the online test. You should link your account after you receive your USA Swimming Membership card from your LSC.
2. Already have an account? Sign in with your user name and password. Then navigate back to this page to continue the online officials test.
3. If your website account information needs to be updated, please go to "My Account" and make the necessary corrections (NOTE: the information for the online test signup does not automatically link to your USA Swimming account). Remember to link your website account to YOUR membership record, not your child's membership record.
Have questions about which certification test you should take, or if your certification has expired, contact your LSC Officials Chair. Click here for your LSC Official's Chair contact information.
If you have a problem logging in or accessing your website account, contact Gina Mensay in Member Services at USA Swimming at 719.866.3574 or by email at: email@example.com
CRITICAL TEST TAKING INFORMATION
- By selecting your LSC from the drop down list, your LSC Official’s Chair receives email notification when you successfully complete the test. Click this link if you need to see a map of the U.S. to determine your Local Swimming Committee (LSC).
- Choose the certification or re-certification test you want to take and after you agree to "Confirm Understanding of Test Expiration" by checking the box, you can click on "Next".
- The next page is your personal information. If it is correct, please click on "Save Information and Proceed to Test".
- On the next page, you have the option to enter instructor information for a clinic you attended. You can skip this if it doesn't apply. Ignore the "Print Blank Version of Test" button (this is being revised) and click on "Start Test".
- You have the option of printing a blank version of the test to work offline. Follow these instructions:
- As above, click the Start Test link, choose your test and then click "Next."
- On the "Test Signup" page, verify your account information then click "Save Information & Proceed to Test" link.
- Disregard the "Print Blank Version of Test." button here. Proceed by clicking "Start Test". This will save the version of the test you are working on so you can return to it later.
- The first test question will appear. Click "Save and Restart Later". You will then be taken to a screen with a Prior Tests box.
- Select "Print Blank Test" next to the test you just started. The test will appear in PDF and you can use the printer icon to print (hover over the test) or save icon to save to your desktop if you choose.
- You can then take the printed version of your test and prepare your answers at your leisure.
- When ready to enter your test answers, log back in to your account, go to the Start Test page and in the PRIOR TEST BOX, click "Resume" next to your saved test. Do not start a brand new test or the questions will be different than the test you printed out.
- You can start and stop as often as you wish before submitting your completed test. Click "Save and Resume Later" should you wish to exit the test. To resume, follow the steps discussed above. You will be taken to the personal information page first and will then click on "Resume Test" to go to your test. You can start where you left off by entering in the "Go" box (found towards the bottom of the page) the number of the last question answered. The system automatically saves each answer every time you click on the "Next" or "Previous" button.
- Once a test is complete, click on the "Complete the Test and Score" button and you will receive a score instantly. You can request a printout of the test that you just took with the option of either viewing and/or printing the entire test or only those answers that were incorrect.
TO USE WITH THE TIMING JUDGE AND ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICIAL TESTS