USA SWIMMING'S SCHOLASTIC ALL-AMERICA TEAM
2016 SAA Requirements and Instructions (PDF document)
2015-2016 SAA Time Standards (Info Graphic)
2015-16 SCHOLASTIC ALL-AMERICA TEAM Info
The application for the 2015-2016 year will be available online at the USA Swimming website from June 1, 2016 to August 15, 2016.
• The only method for application will be the online application on the USA Swimming website.
• Applicants will be required to have a USA Swimming account.
• Qualifying pool times for the applicant will be validated through Times on the USA Swimming website (time MUST be in SWIMS).
• Applicant will be required to have a TRANSCRIPT for the COMPLETE academic year available for uploading to the application.
• Applicant must have been a member at the time of the swim and a current member when applying for the 2015-16 SAA team.
• Applicant must have all application documents completed by August 15, 2016. Late applications will NOT be accepted or considered.
• Grade completion requirement – applicant must have completed 10th 11th or 12th grade
• GPA Requirement – minimum 3.5 GPA for the current academic year
o A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1. If numerical grades are used, the following scale will be used unless the school’s letter grade conversion is given on the transcript: A=90-100; B=80-89; C=70-79; D=60-69.
o Honors, Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, and dual credit college level academic courses will earn one half (.5) extra Grade Point. Grades for academic subjects only are calculated – history/social studies, English, mathematics, sciences, foreign languages, arts (visual and performing), computer sciences. A grade lower than a C in an academic subject will mean automatic rejection of the applicant. Grades for non-academic courses will NOT be calculated - band, choir, health, driver education, physical education, and any other class marked non-academic on a transcript.
o There will be no special status designation for a 4.0 GPA other than for a national champion who also has a 4.0 GPA.
• Pool Requirements
o Applicants must have swum a pool time equal to a 2015 Winter Junior qualifying time in any event during the SAA qualifying period (August 16, 2015 – August 15, 2016) with qualifying times in SWIMS – list of times are posted on the USA Swimming website. A qualifying time will be available for selection from the SWIMS database during the application process. Only ONE time is necessary and only ONE application is necessary.
• Disability or Open Water Requirements (for athletes without pool requirements)
o Applicants must have swum at one of the named Disability Can Ammeets or the National Open Water Championships.
To apply for the SAA team for 2015-16:
• Go to the USA Swimming Home Page or any page on the site.
• In the upper right corner, click on “Sign In”.
o If you do not have an account, click on the link to “create account” and follow the instructions.
• If you have an account, simply type your log in name and your password in the appropriate place.
o Make sure the account you have signed in with is linked to your (the athlete’s) USA Membership account. (If you are unsure of the link, go to My Account, Membership Information, where you can either link with ‘Click Here’ or Unlink to check the linked membership record and relink.) You will not be able to access the SAA application without being logged in and linked to the athlete’s Membership account.
• Once you are sure you are correctly linked to your athlete registration, navigate to the SAA Application page and complete the application. Make sure you SUBMIT the application. If you cannot complete the application, SAVE your work so you can go back again to finish.
o Once you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email sent to your Deck Pass log-in email. If you do not receive that confirmation immediately upon submission, PLEASE contact Betty Kooy – email@example.com so that we can check the status of your application.
• Your complete high school transcript will need to be uploaded for your application to be complete. All grades for the current year (both semesters 2015-2016) must be on the transcript. You must have completed the 10th, 11th or 12th grade in order to apply.
o Note that school transcripts are the only documentation accepted for the Scholastic All America application (PDF or JPG files). Word documents will NOT be accepted. Grade cards and report cards will NOT be accepted. Only grades for the 2015-2016 school year will be used to determine your GPA but a complete transcript is required.
o When a tabulator has completed evaluation of the materials, you will be notified of either acceptance or rejection via email.
• Note: Parents: If you are trying to apply for your child, you will have to use his/her log in and password information in order to link to the swim times for your child.
• Betty Kooy, firstname.lastname@example.org
2014-2015 SAA Info Graphics