CLUB EXCELLENCE PROGRAM
The Club Excellence Program is a voluntary program that identifies and recognizes USA Swimming clubs for their commitment to performance excellence. This program strives to meet the following objectives:
- Promote the development of strong, well-rounded age group and senior swimming programs that produce elite 18 & under athletes;
- Provide recognition and resources to motivate and assist member clubs to strive for the highest ideals of athlete performance.
The program provides grant funding and recognizes the club development system as integral to achieving excellence in the sport.
Application Procedure for the 2016 Program
We are very pleased to announce the launch of the 2016 Club Excellence program. Complete information about the 2016 program can be found in the program description provided at the link above. In order to apply for the 2016 program, clubs must:
- Complete the online application form at http://vovici.com/wsb.dll/s/83aeg589be.
- Submit the performance scoring information using the Online Meet Entry (OME) system
- Submit the online application and the performances scoring info by the October 16, 2015 application deadline
2016 Club Excellence Application
There are two parts to the Club Excellence program application; the electronic general information component and the Online Meet Entry (OME) system for the performance scoring component. Both parts must be completed and submitted to USA Swimming.
It may be helpful to complete a rough draft of the application by hand prior to completing the electronic application. Click Here for a blank copy of the application. This option is provided to help you work through the application. The paper copy is not acceptable for submission.
You must enter your information via this online tool; paper versions will not be accepted.
Once completed, we recommend that you print a hard copy of this portion of the application. To do so, you must print the summary on the last page before you click "submit".
The application deadline is October 16, 2015.
Click Here to complete the 2016 Club Excellence application.
2016 Program TIMELINE
• September 1, 2015 - Program announcement distributed to all USA Swimming clubs. Application forms and information available on the USA Swimming website.
• October 16, 2015 - Deadline for applications from clubs to USA Swimming.
• December 16, 2015 - Club rankings announced by USA Swimming & Grant applications sent to all Gold and Silver clubs.
• February 19, 2016 - Deadline for grant applications to USA Swimming from Gold and Silver clubs.
• April 18, 2016 - Grant awards announced by USA Swimming.
Please direct any questions regarding the program to Pat Hogan at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tom Avischious at email@example.com.
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION
The program annually recognizes up to 200 outstanding clubs and provides monetary grants to those who qualify as Gold Medal or Silver Medal clubs. Upon recognition as a Gold, Silver or Bronze Medal Club, recipients enjoy the following benefits:
- A 2016 4 'x 6' banner recognizing their level of achievement
- The right to use the 2016 Club Excellence Program logo on the club website and in advertising/promotional materials through December 31 of 2016
- The club's level of achievement is displayed on the USA Swimming website in the club search section
- Gold and Silver level clubs are eligible to apply for grant funding
2015 Club Excellence Results
Nation's Capital Swim Club Earns 2015 USA Swimming Club Excellence Title
Gold, Silver, Bronze recognition awarded to 200 clubs for performance excellence
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Nation’s Capital Swim Club, of Washington, DC, earned the top position in the 2015 USA Swimming Club Excellence
program, recognizing the organization’s highest-performing clubs in the development of athletes 18 years and younger.
NCAP, whose top youth athletes include Katie Ledecky
and Andrew Seliskar
, tallied 52,942 points to edge three-time champion SwimMAC Carolina, which placed second in this year’s rankings.
“Nation's Capital Swim Club is honored to be named as the winner of the Club Excellence program this year,” said Tom Ugast
, Chief Executive Officer of Nation’s Capital Swim Club. “This is truly a team effort by our athletes, coaches and families to work hard throughout the year to achieve the highest level in our sport. This is the first time we have won this award because of all the great other teams throughout the country. We are all proud to carry this honor for the next 12 months.”
In its 14th year, the Club Excellence program identifies clubs that execute strong, well-rounded age group and senior swimming programs to produce elite 18-and-under athletes. The top 20 clubs earn Gold level and those ranked 21-100 are designated as Silver. The next 100 clubs are recognized as Bronze.
“Club Excellence is one of our most popular programs and earning a Gold, Silver or Bronze ranking is highly coveted by coaches and clubs,” said Pat Hogan
, USA Swimming’s Club Development Managing Director. “Our clubs nationwide demonstrate incredible commitment to improve the performance of their athletes.”
The following clubs achieved the Gold Medal for 2015, with Local Swimming Committee (LSC) designation. Sixteen (16) different LSCs are represented in the Gold Medal level.
|1. Nation's Capital Swim Club
|2. SwimMAC Carolina
|3. Aquazot Swim Club
|4. Dynamo Swim Club
|5. Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics
|6. North Baltimore Aquatic Club
|8. Lakeside Swim Team
|9. Nitro Swimming
|10. Bolles School Sharks
|11. Santa Clara Swim Club
|12. Carmel Swim Club
|13. Sarasota YMCA Sharks
|14. NOVA of Virginia Aquatics, Inc.
|15. Wilton Y Wahoos
|16. Y-Spartaquatics Swim Club
|17. York YMCA
|18. Davis Arden Racing Team
|19. KING Aquatic Club
|20. Gator Swim Club
Davis Arden Racing Team and Gator Swim Club both achieved the Gold Medal level for the first time this year. NOVA saw the biggest jump from last year, moving 11 spots from number 25 and into the gold medal category. Since the inception of this program, 69 different clubs have earned the Gold-Medal ranking at least once.
Southern California Swimming led all LSCs with 15 clubs recognized, followed by Pacific Swimming at 12. Florida Swimming, Illinois Swimming and Middle Atlantic Swimming each had nine clubs represented.
In addition to recognizing high-performing teams, the program provides grant funding that enable clubs to expand and enhance the services already provided to athletes. A total of $450,000 in grants will be distributed to the 100 Gold- and Silver-level clubs. Final grant awards will be announced by April 17, 2015.
Click here to view the complete 2015 Club Excellence Program results.