SPORT PERFORMANCE CONSULTANTS
USA Swimming's Sport Performance Consultants connect coaches with ideas, research, and technology to help their swimmers go faster. Many nationally-recognized clubs have already taken advantage of these services. Sport Performance Consultants deliver the following services to coaches and athletes through regional clinics and free individual club visits.
PRESENTATIONS FOR COACHES:
- Using Race Stats Every Day for Every Swimmer
- Effective Use of Video Capture
- Season Planning
- How to Talk to your Athletes About Nutrition
- Analysis of Taper
- Functional Strength Training & Conditioning
- Lactate Testing
- DartFish training
- Latest stroke technique presentations from the National Team (Fly, Back, Breast, Free, Starts, Turns)
- Top 5 USA Swimming Services for Coaches
- Being a Great Head Coach & Assistant Coach
- Does Your Club Do This? (Keys to a Great Club)
- Growth & Development of the Age Group Swimmer
PRESENTATIONS FOR ATHLETES:
- Using Race Stats to Most Efficiently Swim Your Fastest
- Recovery and Nutrition – How to Gain an Advantage
- Goal Setting for Maximum Success
- Latest stroke technique from the National Team (Fly, Back, Breast, Free, Starts, Turns)
- Progressions to the USA Swimming National Team
- Underwater Video Capture of your athletes – DVD burned, analysis
SPORT PERFORMANCE CONSULTANT BIOS
SPORTS PERFORMANCE CONSULTANT
Since August 2007, Coach Scott Colby has been a Sport Performance Consultant for USA Swimming. Prior to that, Scott coached in Ohio, Louisiana (Bengal-Tiger Aquatic Club), Texas (Fort Worth Area Swim Team), served as an assistant at Dynamo Swim Club in Atlanta and coached for 5 years at a YMCA on Long Island. His Louisiana team placed top ten at Nationals.
His swimmers have finalled at Olympic Trials, won 2 National titles and 7 Junior National titles including all four strokes, set three National Age Group Records, and won the National Meet Bob Kiputh High Point award. Scott has also produced numerous Top 16 athletes. He holds a Masters degree in Physical Education and is an ASCA Level 5 coach.
Sports performance ConsultanT
Mark has been with USA Swimming since July 2012. He has 27+ years of coaching experience as a club coach at Fort Washington Township, Sugar Creek Swim Club, Ft. Worth Area Swim Team, Mission Bay, and Burke Barracudas. Mark is an ASCA Level 5 Certified Coach and has placed swimmers in Olympic Trials Semi-Finals and on USA Swimming's National Junior Team.