FOUNDATIONS OF COACHING DVD BASED TEST
STOP! IF YOU ARE A NEW COACH THIS DOES NOT MEET THE NEW COACH EDUCATION REQUIREMENT. YOU MUST TAKE FOUNDATIONS OF COACHING 101.
THIS COURSE WILL BE DEACTIVATED AS OF JANUARY 1
Coaches registering in 2013 for their 2nd year of USA Swimming coach membership have the option of completing the Foundations of Coaching DVD based test OR completing Foundations of Coaching 101-201 and Rules and Regs for Coaches. USA Swimming encourages coaches to take the new online courses to complete the education requirements.
This test will be deactivated at the end of the 2013 registration year and will no longer be available.
Note: The test is based on the Updated 2011 Foundations of Coaching DVD and the 2013 USA Swimming Rules and Regulations.
Order the updated 2011 Foundations of Coaching DVD
The Foundations of Coaching DVD based test is taken from:
- The Foundations of Coaching DVD
- The downloadable documents accessible from The Foundations of Coaching DVD. Refer to the DVD insert for directions to access the documents.
- The USA Swimming Rules & Regulations
The Foundations of Coaching exam is an open book test. Since it is open book, successful completion will requires a score of 160 correct answers out of 180 questions. If you do not score at least 160 correct answers, you must retake the ENTIRE test. You may take the test as many times as necessary until you achieve a passing score of 160. Note that you will get a different version of the test each time you retake it.
INSTRUCTIONS TO SIGN IN
- If you have never created an acccount on the USA Swimming website, click this link to create an account
- To "Sign In" (once you have created an account), click on "Sign In" found on the upper right-hand corner of every page on this website
- To start the test after you have completed "Sign In":
- the upper right-hand corner of every web page will now say "Logoff",
- you will be re-directed to the home page
- you must then come back to this page to actually start the test
If you have any questions please contact the Club Development Division or call USA Swimming at 719.866.4578