Here are the basics about the world of USA Swimming. Discover how you can get involved
and help your child enjoy all the benefits of competitive swimming.
Take full advantage of your membership online by creating a Deck Pass account:
- See all of your child’s personal-best times
- Track the meets they swim in
- Track your child’s improvement
- Check out seasonal bests
- Compare times to swimmers nationwide
- See the digital patches they earn
Create a Deck Pass Account
Topics for Parents
- A critical component to an athlete's healthy swimming experience is a positive relationship between the parent and coach.
- As an parent of a swimmer, you might not always understand why coaches have swimmers train the way they do.
– Get familiar with the rules of swimming to help your child become a better swimmer.
– Learn more about the four competitive swimming strokes: freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke
– Better understand the rules, courses, competitions and officials you’ll encounter.
– Learn the common equipment used by competitive swimmers. Not all equipment is required
and some clubs may even provide certain items for practice and meets.
Learn More About USA Swimming
In addition to the love and support you give your swimmer(s), there are other ways to be part of your team’s success. We’ve gathered some great tips here.
Be sure to also explore the rest of USASwimming.org, especially the Parents section of “Member Resources.”