Local Partner Program
Make a Splash works by aligning the nation’s top learn-to-swim resources in an effort to saves lives. Make a Splash educates parents through a national awareness campaign and saves lives by joining forces with grassroots learn-to-swim programs. Through the development of a nationwide network of community organizations and programs, our Local Partners deliver the Make a Splash message into their hometowns and communities.
Why Should My Program Make a Splash?
The Local Partner Program provides the opportunity to make a difference in your community using the power of Make a Splash. The Make a Splash campaign will help you locally to:
- Expand awareness about the importance of water safety and the need to learn to swim
- Make our learn-to-swim program services become more visible in your community
The specific benefits of partnering with the USA Swimming Foundation are numerous. Your program can take advantage of these great Local Partner benefits:
- Utilize the Make a Splash name and branding in your community to drive awareness your learn-to-swim and aquatic programs
- Participate in an on-going, national marketing and public relations campaign along with the USA Swimming Foundation and its corporate and aquatic partners.
- Potential to apply for future grant dollars and/or scholarship support
- Free promotional kit of materials to use in your community
- Access to a national learn-to-swim general liability insurance program with attractive rates
- Enhanced ability to raise funds in your community to help provide “scholarships” to children from economically-disadvantaged populations
Who can be a local partner program?
One of the guiding principles of Make a Splash is to spread the word and mission of the USA Swimming Foundation to every community in the nation. In order to reach the widest audience possible, Make a Splash will partner with learn to swim providers across the country that are willing to promote water safety education to their communities and or provide scholarships for children to participate in their swim lesson programs.
Some examples of our current Local Partners include:
- USA Swimming member clubs
- Learn-to-Swim Programs
- Boys & Girls Clubs
- Parks & Recreation Departments
- Summer League Programs
- School Districts
become a Make a Splash Local Partner
Below are lists of benefits, forms and requirements to become a local partner program. For more information on the Make a Splash Local Partner Program, please contact Harriett Gunderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 719.866.3546 with questions about the Make a Splash Local Partner Program.
Local Partner Program Benefits
Local Partner Program FAQ
Local Partner Program Requirements
Local Partner Program Application Checklist
Local Partner Application
Local Partner Grant Opportunities
The USA Swimming Foundation awards grants on an annual basis to Make a Splash Local Partners who provide services to young people who, otherwise, would not have the opportunity to participate in water safety instructional programs and/or swimming lessons.
Local Partner Program Fundraising
If you are a Make a Splash Local Partner and are interested in raising money for the USA Swimming Foundation's Make a Splash initiative, or if you are interested in raising money for your own club, team or learn-to-swim program and want to use the Make a Splash name and/or logo mark, please read these important guidelines. To learn about our Swim-a-Thon™ fundraising platform, please visit www.usaswimmingfoundation.org/sat.