Take Steps to be safer around the water
- Learn to Swim!
- Follow pool rules.
- Never swim alone. Use the buddy system and choose locations with certified lifeguards whenever possible.
- If someone in the water is in trouble, reach, throw, but don’t go!
2013 National Drowning Prevention Alliance Symposium
2013 NDPA SYMPOSIUM
The National Drowning Prevention Alliance's Annual Symposium is the leading national conference devoted to drowning prevention. This educational event is designed to offer attendees the most current information in research, products, educational programming, outreach strategies, policy & code, international relations, and other topics related to drowning prevention.
The NDPA chose Ft. Lauderdale, FL as the host site for its 12th annual symposium. This gathering of swim professionals took place in March 2013.
2012 Symposium Education Highlights
- Creating Drowning Awareness Through Social Media
- Results Based Accountability
Open Bodies of Water:
- Stand-up Paddleboards: Safety Challenges and Opportunities
Task Force Development & Best Practices:
- Drowning Prevention Task Force
For more information about NDPA and their annual symposium, please visit their website at www.ndpa.org.