Fun-Raising for the USA Swimming Foundation
What is FUN-Raising?
A simple way for you to raise money and awareness to benefit of the USA Swimming Foundation is by putting the “fun” in fundraising! You plan something fun, invite others to join in and collect donations to help support a great cause: saving lives and build champions in the pool and in life!
How are my donations used?
Funds raised through FUN-Raising will go to support the USA Swimming Foundation’s area of greatest need and will:
- Save lives through Make a Splash, the Foundation’s national child-focused water safety initiative. Drowning is the 2nd leading cause of childhood accidental death and ten people drown in the United States every day. The USA Swimming Foundation is committed to help save lives by giving children the opportunity to participate in learn-to-swim programs. To date, more than $2.1 million has been granted to our local partner network providing more than 1.2 million children with the opportunity to learn to swim.
- Build Champions by providing funding to the U.S. National swim team, athletes and coaches, whose hard work and athletic performance has kept USA the #1 swimming nation in the world for more than 40 years.
A donation solicited on the Foundation’s behalf, whether in-kind or financial, is fully tax-deductible only when it is made directly and entirely to the Foundation. The USA Swimming Foundation will determine what types of gifts can be considered tax-deductible prior to solicitation or promotion, as the Foundation is the only agent that can verify such a gift was made to the Internal Revenue Service.
How do I get started?
- Determine Your Fundraiser Activity or Event
- Set Your Fundraising Goal
- Complete the FUN-Raising Registration Form and return to us at least 7 days prior to your event or activity
- Spread the word - promote your event!