FOUNDATIONS OF COACHING
COACH EDUCATION REQUIREMENT:
New coaches are required to complete the two-part Foundations of Coaching courses and tests as well as a Rules and Regulations online test. Foundations of Coaching is delivered in an online format that will ensure that participants review the educational content prior to taking the tests. Additional information about Foundations of Coaching Requirements.
IMPORTANT: Before beginning FOC 101 or FOC 201, you should clear your cookies in your web browser. To do this go to your web browser Options- Privacy- Clear Cookies (Note: Each browser is different and may require you to look up how to clear your cookies).
If you are having issues with your web browser (Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.) please exit the course & log back in using a different browser.
- USA Swimming recommends that a new coach register as a “coach member” prior to taking Foundations 101. Contact your LSC Registration Chair for more information.
- Foundations 101 is required of all new coach members. The course and test takes approximately 90 minutes. (Cost: $15)
- Foundations 201 is a more comprehensive course of approximately 5 hours and must be successfully completed prior to registration for the 2nd year of coach membership .(Cost $25)
- Rules and Regulations is a separate 30 question test completed on the USA Swimming website. Completing this test is the 2nd required component to fulfill the Foundations 201 requirement. (No Cost) Current Rulebook is the required resource.
- Foundations of Coaching 101 and 201 are online courses that include all of the resources and documents. The required tests are accessible at the end of each course.
- Rules and Regulations: New rules go into effect on May 1 of each year so the new rulebook becomes the resource. For example, on May 1, 2013, the 2013 USA Swimming Rulebook is required for the test. Tests started after May 1 of each year will expire on April 15 of the following year. You must complete the test prior to April 15 or the test will be automatically deleted and inaccessible for completion.
All tests require a score of 80% or higher to pass. Upon passing the each test, your LSC Registration Chair will automatically be notified so that your registration status can be updated to "Coach Member."
See "Choose A Course" at the bottom of the page.
If you need to re-access your already purchased course:
Reference the first email you received when you registered for the course the first time. If you cannot find this email, follow these steps:
1. Go to http://www.epathcampus.com
2. Click Login
3. Enter Org Code: USA34942
4. Enter email address
5. Enter password
In order to access the Rules and Regulations test, you must create an account on the USA Swimming website:
- If you have never created an account on the USA Swimming website, click this link to create an account.
- To "Sign In" (once you have created an account), click on "Sign In" found on the upper right-hand corner of every page on this website
- To start the test after you have completed "Sign In":
- The upper right-hand corner of every web page will now say "Logoff",
- Go to Member Resources/Coaches/Online Testing/Rules and Regulations Test
- Follow the Instructions to Start the Test
Click here for more information on the Rules and Regulations Test.