Official Swim-a-Thon™ Contest Rules
OFFICIAL RULES – USA Swimming Foundation Swim-a-Thon™ Contest 2014
1. The contest will be conducted between December 1, 2013 and November 30, 2014.
2. The contest is open to all teams that complete an official USA Swimming Foundation Swim-a-Thon™ fundraiser between the dates of December 1, 2013 and November 30, 2014.
3. Teams that complete an official USA Swimming Foundation Swim-a-Thon™ fundraiser between the dates of December 1, 2013 and November 30, 2014 are automatically entered into the USA Swimming Foundation 2014 Swim-a-Thon™ Contest.
4. Teams have the right to opt-out of the USA Swimming Foundation 2014 Swim-a-Thon™ Contest and may do so by email request to email@example.com. In the subject line of the email, write “Opt-out Request - USA Swimming Foundation 2014 Swim-a-Thon™ Contest.” In the body of the email, please include your club or team
name, organization contact name, email address and phone number. Opt-out requests must be received by December 31, 2014.
5. Four (4) Gold Medal prize winners will be announced on February 11, 2015.
6. Drawing for one (1) Grand Prize winner will be held on February 18, 2015.
7. Team must register their official USA Swimming Foundation Swim-a-Thon™ fundraiser one of two ways:
- Via the TeamUnify online fundraising platform.
- By submission of the USA Swimming Foundation Swim-a-Thon™ Contract, which must be completed in full, signed and submitted per instructions outlined on the Swim-a-Thon™ Contract.
8. For contest qualification, team must be in good standing with USA Swimming and have fulfilled all Swim-a-Thon™ contract requirements as outlined below. Failure to complete one or more of these requirements will disqualify the team from the contest. Within 60 days of the completion of your Swim-a-Thon™ fundraising event team must:
- Submit a single check from your team, made payable to the USA Swimming Foundation. The amount of the check should equal a minimum of 5% or more of the gross amount collected from your Swim-a-Thon™.
- Submit your Financial Report and Award Redemption Form, completed in full.
9. Total revenue earned will be absolute as of January 31, 2015. For purposes of this contest, any monies or
donations collected by the team after January 31, 2015 will not be tallied into final revenue total, or converted into contest points for allocation towards overall point totals.
10. Gold Medal winners will be determined by the team earning the most contest points in their respective club membership size category. A total of four Gold Medal winners will be selected based on the following team member size:
- Category 1: 0 – 75 members
- Category 2: 76-150 members
- Category 3: 151-300 members
- Category 4: 300+ members
11. USA Swimming member teams will have their membership size computations established and deemed absolute via hard data derived from the USA Swimming membership database as of March 1, 2014. For non-USA
Swimming member teams, the USA Swimming Foundation reserves the right to utilize any available means in determining a club size category for every point and award component of this contest.
12. Contest points are earned based on the following point criteria:
- One point for every Swim-a-Thon™ dollar raised.
- Two points for every dollar paid to the USA Swimming Foundation (5% minimum of total amount raised required per Swim-a-Thon™ contract). Additional donations to the Foundation over and above the required 5% will be calculated at two points for every dollar.
- 10,000 bonus points earned for achieving team fundraising goal.
- 10,000 bonus points awarded to the team who has achieved the highest average dollar raised per athlete and will be awarded to one (1) club in each of the four categories.
- $5,000 bonus points earned for submission of a USA Swimming Foundation Swim-a-Thon™ Promotional Video that meets the minimum requirements.
13. Social media bonus point opportunities. The USA Swimming Foundation reserves the rights to offer bonus point opportunities throughout the duration of the 2014 Swim-a-Thon™ contest. Teams must use the contest hashtag #USASwimathon to qualify and earn social media bonus points. Furthermore, the USA Swimming
Foundation reserves its rights to make the final decision to award bonus points to teams through social media. Social media bonus points earned by teams will not be revealed during the course of the contest or in the periodic contest ranking or standings until all bonus points have been verified and tallied at the conclusion of the 2014 contest.
14. Promotional Video Requirements. By entering a video submission for this contest, the promotional video must meet all of the following requirements to earn the bonus point award.
- USA Swimming Foundation Swim-a-Thon™ logo.
- Club or team logo.
- Tell successful Swim-a-Thon™ story and reason it’s a great fundraising tool.
- Class of all music included in video must be royalty-free.
- Video not to exceed 90 seconds in length.
- Video submission deadline for 2014 contest: December 31, 2014.
- Submissions must be postmarked by December 31, 2014.
- Promotional videos will be accepted in a DVD format only and must be mailed to:
USA Swimming Foundation
Attn: SAT Video Promo
1 Olympic Plaza
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
15. Gold Medal prize winners will receive:
- One entry into the Grand Prize drawing.
- A custom designed Deck Pass Patch for team.
- 2015 feature article in USA Swimming Splash Magazine.
- $200 in Visa Gift Cards. Prize provided by TeamUnify.
- One gift certificate or gift card to a pizza restaurant of club’s choice.
- Category 1: 0 – 75 members receives a $150 gift certificate
- Category 2: 76-150 members receives a $300 gift certificate
- Category 3: 151-300 members receives a $600 gift certificate
- Category 4: 300+ members receives a $750 gift certificate
16. One Grand Prize winner will be selected by prize wheel drawing from the pool of Gold Medal prize winners on February 18, 2015. Drawing will be facilitated by an unrelated, unassociated third party.
17. Grand Prize Winner will receive:
- Personal visit to their team by USA Swimming Team athlete on a mutually agreeable date during the months of March, April or May, 2015.
- One year’s worth of license fees for the SwimOffice™ Team Management online platform. Prize provided by TeamUnify.
- Existing TeamUnify subscribers will receive a credit on their account for one (1) years’ worth of SwimOffice™ Team Management licensing fees.
- Non TeamUnify subscribers will be awarded one (1) years’ worth of licensing fees upon implementation of the SwimOffice™ Team Management online platform.
taxes relative to the prize package are the sole responsibility of the winners.
No prize substitutions, assignments or transfers. No cash equivalents. If the
Grand Prize winner cannot arrange a mutually agreeable date with the USA
Swimming Team athlete during the months of March, April or May 2015, then this award
will be permanently forfeited.
permission, release and consent. All video submissions become the sole property
of USA Swimming Foundation, USA Swimming and TeamUnify, known as “sponsor.”
Additionally, entrant forfeits its rights to the video upon submission to the
sponsor and agrees to assign all rights, title and interest of the submission for sponsor to use, display, make derivative works of, reproduce, transmit, edit,
modify, distribute, post and broadcast the submission in any media forum. It is the sole responsibility of the team to
obtain consent release forms for anyone under the age of 18 participating in
the submitted contest video, including the photographing and voice recording
and understand the use of these photographs and/or recordings singularly or in
conjunction with other photographs and/or recordings can be used for
advertising, publicity, commercial or other business purposes. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any
video submission that does not meet the minimum requirements as outlined in
item #14 of the official contest rules and will disqualify any video submission
that contains any of the following, but not limited to, offensive or
inappropriate language, displays or acts of violence, discrimination, nudity or
any other behavior, action or form of communication that could be construed as
distasteful, inappropriate, offensive or objectionable.
entrants participating in this contest acknowledge their right to decline automatic
entry into the contest and understand their right to opt-out of the contest by
December 31, 2014. All entrants participating in this contest also acknowledge
that the full rules and details of the contest have been made available and
therefore understand and agree that neither the USA Swimming Foundation, USA
Swimming or TeamUnify, their agents, affiliates, sponsor’s, representatives or
employees have any liability with respect to any damages or injuries as a
result of this contest or use of a their prize or winnings. All participants agree
to be bound by these rules.
Click here for a pdf copy of the 2014 Official Swim-a-Thon™ Rules.