Make a Splash Regional Summits
Register for our SUMMIT!
When: September 29, 2015
Where: Cleaver Family YMCA 7000 Troost Avenue Kansas City, MO 64131
Who: Make a Splash Local Partners and Learn to swim providers
Click here to view the Summit Agenda.
Register today by clicking here!
The USA Swimming Foundation provides many benefits to our Make a Splash Local Partner network, the newest addition is the Make a Splash Regional Summit. This half-day event provides an opportunity for Make a Splash Local Partner swim lessons providers to come together and network, learn best practices, and participate in professional development with their peers. The USA Swimming Foundation will host two Make a Splash Regional Summits annually, with host sites rotating amongst geographic regions for ease of access to our Local Partner network.
Our first-ever Make a Splash Regional Summit was held on March 11, 2015 in Dallas, TX and included information on marketing best practices, establishing partnerships, incorporation and utilization of volunteers, and an inspirational, keynote presentation from 1996 Olympic gold medalist, Ryan Berube.
In addition, we had six of our Affiliate Partners join us for a panel to talk about their organizations and the resources they provide to Make a Splash Local Partners. Thank you to the American Red Cross, Boy Scouts of America, Joshua Collingsworth Memorial Foundation, National Drowning Prevention Alliance, CPSC Pool Safely, and Safer 3 Water Safety Foundation.
Thank you to everyone who joined us to make it a great day! If you have any questions about our Make a Splash Regional Summits, please email email@example.com.
Local Outreach Events
Are you hosting an event to promote swimming and/or water safety to your community?
There are many ways you can teach children and parents in your community about the importance of learning to swim and being safe in and around the water. Some ways you can do this are:
- Reading storybooks that teach water safety habits to children at schools, daycares, libraries, churches, etc.
- Hosting a water safety day at a local pool where you can demonstrate and teach water safety and swimming skills to the community.
- Distributing information on swimming lessons and water safety at schools, churches, libraries, festivals, sporting events, local family activities, etc.
- Talking to parents at a community or neighborhood meeting, Parent/Teacher Conferences, PTA meetings, etc and educating them on the risks around being in and around water without having proficient swimming skills.
- Hosting a Swim-a-Thon™ or another fundraiser to raise money for the USA Swimming Foundation's mission of saving lives and building champions. If you are not interested in organizing a Swim-a-Thon™, you can check out our Fun-Raising ideas to help find the perfect fundraiser for you and your community!
In addition to these events you can create your own event to spread local awareness! If you are in need of material items from the USA Swimming Foundation for your event, please fill out the Make a Splash Material Request Form below.
If you have any questions or need additional support, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Make a Splash Newsletters
The USA Swimming Foundation's Make a Splash team wants to keep you informed with the latest news, events and happenings in the world of learn-to-swim, water safety and Make a Splash.
Newsletters will be distributed electronically on a monthly basis.
If you would like to receive our newsletter, please send your request to email@example.com.