Bill Kirkner (2015), Chair
Nadine Johnson-Jesionek (2014)
Thomas Locke (2013)
Miriam Lynch (2014)
Peter Maloney (2016)
Simone Manuel (2013)
Kathy Mendez (2015)
Anthony Norris (2013)
Bob Platt (2016)
Kent Yoshiwara (2013)
Alicia McConnell (2013), Ex-officio
Manny Banks, Staff Liaison
For Meeting Minutes, click here.
For the Diversity Program Page, click here.
USA Swimming is committed to increasing multicultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic diversity at all levels of the sport to achieve and foster an inclusive swimming environment.
Vision Statement: As the national governing body for competitive swimming in the United States, USA Swimming has a vision to create and maintain an environment which is free from participation barriers for persons from all cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Diversity and inclusion are valuable components that will benefit the organization at all levels. Embracing the strengths and beauty of diversity enhances the mission of USA Swimming which is to build the base, promote the sport and achieve competitive success.
Mission Statement: To provide opportunities in swimming to the under-represented and
economically disadvantaged youth in the United States.
Membership: The President appoints the members to four-year terms, staggered so that
25% are named annually.
1. To increase participation of minority and economically disadvantaged youth.
2. To identify and implement creative strategies to achieve our mission.
3. To partner with other organizations and agencies to achieve our mission
4. To develop and support positive role models and elite athletes.
5. To educate and increase awareness of our missions.