Dave Ferris (2016), Chair
Dennis Dale (2015)
Mary Liston (2013)
W. John Morse (2015)
Russell Payne (2013)
Kathleen Prindle (2016)
Richard Shipherd (2014)
Paul Silver (2014)
Shawn Smith (2013)
Kaitlyn Swinney (2013)
Jack Roach, Staff Liaison
Mission Statement: To evaluate programs, advise and make recommendations within the scope of
the committee focusing on issues that affect senior level athletes and coaches.
Membership: The Committee shall be comprised of eight members appointed by the President plus
two athletes. At least five of the members shall be coaches. Each non-athlete member shall serve a
term of four years, staggered so that two non-athletes are appointed annually.
1. To conduct an ongoing evaluation of senior swimming.
2. To conduct long range planning for senior level swimming.
3. To provide technical input for the structure of the national championship meets including
Sectionals, Junior Nationals, National, Open Water, and U.S. Open Championships.
4. To develop proposals and programs that encourage senior level competition.
5. To provide technical input for programs to develop athletes at the post-age group level.
6. To provide assistance in transitioning athletes from Age Group to National Team.
7. To develop proposed time standards for the ConocoPhillips National Championships and
the U.S. Open.
8. To study and evaluate swimmers’ performances in corresponding meets of past season.
9. To study and analyze available statistics to determine new methods for improving criteria
for establishing national championships time standards.
10. To recommend legislative changes concerning time standards to the Rules Committee.
11. To advise and consult with the Club Development Division regarding camps, including
12. To promote inclusion of open water in all systems including Sectionals.
13. To coordinate programs with the Sports Science/Sports Medicine subcommittee of the