Wrightsville Beach, N.C., to Host 2014 Open Water Nationals
USA Swimming today announced that Wrightsville Beach, N.C., will host the 2014 USA Swimming Open Water National Championships on June 13 and 15, 2014.
The 10-kilometer national championship will be contested June 13, followed by the 5K on June 15. The Sandhills Sandsharks swim team and the North Carolina Swimming LSC will serve as hosts for the meet.
Featuring the nation’s top open water swimmers, this event will serve as the selection meet for the following teams and international competitions:
• Open Water Pan Pacific Championships Team
• Open Water Junior Pan Pacific Championships Team
• FINA World Junior Open Water Championships Team
• USA Swimming Open Water National Team
• USA Swimming Open Water National Junior Team
The official selection criteria for these events and 2014 Open Water Nationals meet information will be posted on the USA Swimming website in early 2014.