USA Swimming Foundation Seeking Annual Fund Manager
Position Title: Annual Fund Manager
Reports to: Executive Director of the USA Swimming Foundation
FLSA Status: Exempt
The USA Swimming Foundation serves as the philanthropic arm of USA Swimming. Established in 2004, the Foundation works to strengthen the sport by saving lives and building champions—in the pool and in life. Whether we're equipping our children with the life-saving skill of learn-to-swim through our Make a Splash initiative, or providing financial support to our heroes on the U.S. National Team, the USA Swimming Foundation aims to provide the wonderful experience of swimming to kids at all levels across the country. The Foundation also serves as the home for our National and Olympic Team Alumni reunions and regional events. The development efforts of the USA Swimming Foundation aim to establish an endowment to strengthen the future of USA Swimming’s programs and services.
The Annual Fund Manager works with the Executive Director and Major Gifts Officer to create and implement an annual development plan; ensure comprehensive and effective donor relations at all giving levels; plan and implement annual fundraising campaigns; and provide general fundraising support to keep the organization functioning at a high level of effectiveness. Position is located in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director and Major Gifts Officer, develop and execute an annual campaign development plan.
- Manage the Foundation’s direct mail campaigns including Champions Club, in the creation and production all direct mail appeals.
- Prepare and publish the Foundation's Annual Report in collaboration with Foundation team.
- Prepare and publish the Foundation’s bi-monthly electronic newsletter, “Making Waves”.
- Plan and coordinate the Foundation’s fundraising and donor recognition events etc.; including but not limited to Golden Goggles Silent Auction and the Youth Fantasy Camp.
- Manage the Foundation’s acknowledgment process and oversee the creation of all acknowledgment letters.
- Manage the Foundation’s social media presence, including Twitter and Facebook.
- With Foundation Coordinator, maintain and update Foundation website to ensure it is relevant, engaging and an effective tool to increase online giving.
- Assist with coordination of in-house Development mailings, such as special invitations, stewardship letters, handwritten notes, etc.
- Manage & execute Foundation booth at various special events.
- Work with the Foundation’s Database Coordinator to develop/maintain database structure to empower the organization to achieve its fundraising goals.
- Recruit, oversee and motivate volunteers as they relate to annual giving.
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
- Three to five years of progressive experience in fundraising/development with specific knowledge of Annual Fund
- Working knowledge and expertise of Raisers Edge
- Swimming background strongly recommended
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Suite including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Excellent written and communication skills; a command of grammar, spelling, punctuation and style
- Strong research skills
- Fastidious attention to detail
- Ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously
- Efficient self-starter; takes initiative
- Able to accept supervision and direction as required
- Works effectively with all levels of staff; team player
- Polished, professional demeanor
- Understands and can communicate the Foundation’s mission
- Willing to travel on occasion.
Background check required
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and one writing sample by August 15, 2014 to email@example.com, No phone calls please.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job; other duties may be assigned.
The USA Swimming Foundation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Updated July 29, 2014