USA Swimming Foundation Seeking Intern
Position Title: Foundation Intern
FT/PT: FT or PT/Paid Intern
Reports to: Executive Director of the USA Swimming Foundation
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The USA Swimming Foundation serves as the philanthropic arm of USA Swimming. Established in 2004, the Foundation works to strengthen the sport by saving lives and building champions—in the pool and in life. Whether we're equipping our children with the life-saving skill of learn-to-swim through our Make a Splash initiative, or providing financial support to our heroes on the U.S. National Team, the USA Swimming Foundation aims to provide the wonderful experience of swimming to kids at all levels across the country. The Foundation also serves as the home for our National and Olympic Team Alumni reunions and regional events. The development efforts of the USA Swimming Foundation aim to establish an endowment to strengthen the future of USA Swimming’s programs and services.
- Grant Application preparation (i.e. researching grant opportunities, writing proposal material, helping to gather necessary forms, financial documents, budgets etc.)
- Assistance with development mailings as needed( i.e. CC mailings, in-house annual fund mailings, database entry)
- Assistance with logistics for donor events (ticket distributions, thank you media)
Make a Splash Local Partner Campaigns: 10%
- Swim-a-Thon reporting for delinquents and contest statistics
- Swim-a-Thon contest, rogue and delinquent communication via Constant Contact and phone calls.
- Research of potential rogue events
- Database (Access) entry, cross checking, and updating
Social Media: 20%
- Implementation of research and outreach to potential new Make a Splash local Partners and re-engaging ‘inactive’ local partners.
- Research and data entry: contact information and program updates
National Team Alumni (5%)
- Managing all social media accounts and content
- Research of social media opportunities and valid contentCreation of monthly social media calendar
- Research individual requests to join private Facebook group
- Manage social media for National Team group
- Must be able to work 3-5 days per week, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Suite including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Excellent written and communication skills; a command of grammar, spelling, punctuation and style
- Strong research skills
- Fastidious attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of social media management
- Ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously
- Efficient self-starter; takes initiative
- Able to accept supervision and direction as required
- Works effectively with all levels of staff; team player
- Hard worker
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Design background a plus
- Polished, professional demeanor
Background check required
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and one writing sample by August 22, 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org, No phone calls please.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job; other duties may be assigned.
The USA Swimming Foundation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
First Posted August 6, 2014