COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – SwimMAC Carolina is the 2014 team champion in USA Swimming’s Club Excellence program. SwimMAC scored 57,297 points to earn a decisive 3rd straight victory. Nation’s Capital Swim Club finished in 2nd place with 45,411 points followed by SwimAtlanta in 3rd position with 37,294.
The following clubs achieved the coveted Gold Medal level for 2014. Click here to view the complete 2014 Club Excellence Program results.
1. SwimMAC Carolina, 57,297
2. Nation's Capital Swim Club, 45,411
3. SwimAtlanta, 37,294
4. Dynamo Swim Club, 33,292
5. Sarasota YMCA Sharks, 32,086
6. Lakeside Swim Team, 30,803
7. Mission Viejo Nadadores, 29,093
8. Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics, 28,709
9. Aquazot Swim Club, 27,864
10. North Baltimore Aquatic Club, 27,145
11. KING Aquatic Club, 26,966
12. Wilton Y Wahoos, 23,722
13. Germantown Academy Aquatic Club, 22,971
14. Dayton Raiders, 21,200
15. Bolles School Sharks, 20,655
16. Pleasanton Seahawks, 19,704
17. Bluefish Swim Club, 19,045
18. Terrapins Swim Team, 18,679
19. Scottsdale Aquatic Club, 18,658
20. Clearwater Aquatic Team, 18,653
Two clubs have achieved the Gold Medal level for the first time this year: the Wilton Y Wahoos and Scottsdale Aquatic Club. Since the inception of this program, 67 different clubs have earned the Gold Medal ranking at least once.
Of the 304 teams that submitted applications for this year’s program, 98 clubs met the criteria for Gold Medal eligibility and an additional 102 clubs were eligible for the Silver level.
The program recognizes up to 200 clubs as Gold, Silver or Bronze Medal clubs according to the following parameters:
Gold Level: The top 20 point-scoring clubs eligible for the Gold level
Silver Level: The remaining clubs ranked through #100 and not achieving Gold status.
Bronze Level: Clubs ranked #101 through #200 and not achieving Gold or Silver status.
The program recognizes USA Swimming clubs for their commitment to excellence in performance. In addition to recognizing high performing teams, the program provides grant funding for resources that enable clubs to expand and/or enhance the services they already provide to athletes. A total of $350,000 in grant dollars will be distributed to the 100 Gold and Silver-level clubs. Final grant awards will be announced by April 18, 2014.
Congratulations to all 200 clubs that earned a Club Excellence ranking!