USA Swimming took a stab at naming the top-ten things #CoachesAre always doing or have with them. Tell us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter what your coaches are carrying on deck by using the hashtag #CoachesAre
Throughout April, #CoachesAre will highlight the positive impact our more than 17,000 swim coaches are making across the country.
1. #CoachesAre always, and we mean always, drinking coffee
(Coffee and Cigarettes, MGM)
5 a.m. comes early for everyone, not just the swimmers.
2. #CoachesAre always wearing sunglasses
(The Sandlot, Twentieth Century Fox)
Even at night.
3. #CoachesAre never without a stopwatch
(Kicking and Screaming, Universal Pictures)
4. #CoachesAre Good at staying hydrated
(The Waterboy, Touchstone Pictures)
Because staring at water all day makes you thirsty.
5. #CoachesAre the loudest at practice
Yes, even swimmers can hear their coaches when they are underwater.
6. #CoachesAre checking deck pass
(Zoolander, Paramount Pictures)
Gotta earn that really, really, really ridiculously good-looking patch!
7. #CoachesAre always the most fashionable on the pool deck
(Friends, Warner Brothers Entertainment)
Tan lines are a coach's best friend.
8. #CoachesAre protected against uv rays
(Summer Rental, Paramount Pictures)
SPF or bust!
9. #CoachesAre always ready to motivate
(Miracle, Walt Disney)
...that is what we have here tonight, swimmers. That is what you've earned here tonight.
10. #CoachesAre energetic
(Rookie of the Year, Twentieth Century Fox)
Let's swim some laps! Let's swim some laps!