Freestyle: 5 Tips for the Breakout
By Lisa Wemhoff//National Team High Performance Consultant
How in the heck do the best get such an advantage off of the breakout? The answer is simple and teachable.
1. Push off of the wall with an excellent stream line.
2. Use your push off and your underwater dolphin kicks to get under the wake created on the surface of the water.
3. Begin to breakout by pulling with the bottom arm on the second to last dolphin kick.
4. Continue your arm pull with an additional dolphin kick
5. When the hand has reached the hip, conclude your dolphin kick and begin your flutter kick.