join the conversation!
Safe Sport Mondays is a program to launch a national conversation within swim clubs about everyday issues that clubs face. Having regular short conversations about different team- and Safe Sport-related issues can strengthen a club’s values and open productive communication channels.
Our goal: We hope that this will spark meaningful conversations across the country and that clubs will discover that Safe Sport is accessible and helpful in building strong, healthy communities within the club.
How it works:
- Every month, a scenario and discussion guide will be emailed out to you to distribute to coaches in your LSC.
- Coaches will be asked to read the scenario with their swimmers of all ages on the first Monday of the month and have a short, 5-10 minute discussion about the scenario.
Your role as LSC Safe Sport Chair and/or Club Safe Sport Coordinator:
- LSC Safe Sport Chairs: Send out the scenario and discussion guide to all clubs. If you need contact information for the clubs in your LSC, please contact Maggie Vail (firstname.lastname@example.org; 719.866.3552).
- Club Safe Sport Coordinators: Send out the scenario and discussion guide to all coaches in your club.
- Strongly encourage participation among all the teams and coaches in your LSC. Promote it on social media, via email, or through newsletters.
- Follow up with clubs at random (you don’t have to call every club!) to find out how it went.