Build A Pool Conferences
The Regional Build-a-Pool Conference series offers comprehensive education in building, renovating and programming both new and existing facilities. This information is cutting edge about the process of building and programming pools to be community centerpieces for safety, health & wellness while still being financially sustainable. Some of the topics covered include:
- Developing your committee and professional team.
- Understanding programming for your community and the four pillars of aquatics.
- New technologies and build options.
- Facility design from Learn to Swim and therapy pools to large competition pools.
- How USA Swimming’s Professional Providers can help make your project a reality.
Over 1,600 people have attended these workshops with approximately 150 new facilities being commissioned and a supporting role in over 100 additional projects.
We provide you with information that helps you make the best choices in assembling your team of architects, engineers and other professionals to form your team of planners. The right people involved with the best plan for programming and design gives the project the best chance for success. Our professional providers have played a major part in these successes.
Attendees will gain information about:
- Planning and building your facility for Total Aquatic Programming
- Validating the needs to explore possibilities for aquatic centers
- Figuring costs to operate and programming income potential
- Programming pools for financial sustainability
- Renovating and upgrading existing pools
- Designing and building new facilities
- Understanding and identifying adversaries and advocates for the project
- Have a better understanding on pool and building size options and cost to build
- Other management options and value received pricing
- New building technologies
- Enterprise plans to help with business plans and feasibility studies
USA Swimming member clubs and private and public organizations are encouraged to take advantage of this educational resource. This two day workshop style events are conducted by USA Swimming Facilities Development staff.
ScheduleRegional Build-A-Pool Conference Schedule- Confirmed dates & locations below:
Click on date to register for the conference:
|Dates of Regional BAP||City/State||Hotel|
|June 2-3, 2018||Milwaukee, WI||North Shore Event Centre|
|September 8-9, 2018||Anaheim, CA||Anaheim Marriott|
|October 13-14, 2018||Charleston, SC||Charleston Marriott|
|November 10-11, 2018||Houston, TX||Houston Marriott Westchase|
For a visual map of the 2018 Regional Build a Pool locations click here.
You will notice the BAP is sometimes held on different days of the week. It might be on Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday.
The time line is the same for either set of days. See below for help in scheduling your trip.
7:30am – sign in and light breakfast (included with registration)
8:00am – 12:30pm – morning program
12:30pm to 1:30pm – lunch (included with registration)
1:30pm to 5:30pm – afternoon program
5:45pm – BAP gathering – social
8:00am – Q & A with light breakfast
8:30am – 12:30pm – morning program
12:30pm to 1:30pm – lunch
1:30pm to 4:30pm – afternoon program
Conference ends at 4:30pm
Who attends the Build a Pool Conference?
The average attendance for the Build a Pool Conferences is 25 to 30 attendees.
People who attend are coaches, parent boards, city council, architects and engineers who want to start developing a plan for their dream pool.
Attendees will get ideas on how to program facilities for sustainability plus learn about innovative ideas and examples for new buildings and renovations.
ASCA Certified Coaches will receive 10 credit hours for attending.
What others are saying?
Q: What did you like MOST about the course?
"How to make the pool sustainable."
-Jud Shutts, Head Coach, San Benito Aquatics
"Well organized & easy to follow – time to network."
-Jean Bixby, The Center for Healthy Generations
"Various pool designs, why that design, and estimated revenue/cost to operate. The jump drive is awesome."
-Jeff Byers, Vitras Swim Club
"The complexities & multi facets that need to be addressed in building a pool."
-Andrew Lenick, Summit Therapy Group