| Friday, September 6, 2019
The Club Excellence Program is a voluntary program that identifies and recognizes USA Swimming clubs for their commitment to performance excellence. This program strives to meet the following objectives:
- Promote the development of strong, well-rounded age group and senior swimming programs that produce elite 18 & under athletes;
- Provide recognition and resources to motivate and assist member clubs to strive for the highest ideals of athlete performance.
The program provides grant funding and recognizes the club development system as integral to achieving excellence in the sport.
2020 PROGRAM TIMELINE
- September 6, 2019 - Program announcement distributed to all USA Swimming clubs.
- October 18, 2019 - Deadline for applications from clubs to USA Swimming.
- December 16, 2019 - Club rankings announced by USA Swimming & Grant applications sent to all Gold and Silver clubs.
- February 14, 2020 - Deadline for grant applications to USA Swimming from Gold and Silver clubs.
- April 2020 - Grant awards announced by USA Swimming.
Please direct any questions regarding the program to Sydney Pinello at email@example.com.
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION
The program annually recognizes up to 200 outstanding clubs and provides monetary grants to those who qualify as Gold Medal or Silver Medal clubs. Upon recognition as a Gold, Silver or Bronze Medal Club, recipients enjoy the following benefits:
- A 4 'x 6' banner recognizing their level of achievement.
- The right to use the Club Excellence Program logo on the club website and in advertising/promotional materials through December 31st of the program year.
- The club's level of achievement is displayed on the USA Swimming website in the club search section
- Gold and Silver level clubs are eligible to apply for grant funding.
Complete information for the 2020 program can be found in the "Related Documents" section below. In order to apply, clubs must complete the application process before the October 18th deadline.
Club excellence application
There are two parts to the Club Excellence application:
- The Online Application for general information
- The Online Meet Entry (OME) system for performance scoring
Both parts must be completed and submitted to USA Swimming.
Once completed, you will be emailed a copy of your application. We recommend that you save the email for your records.If you have receipts from 2018 or 2019, please send them to Sydney Pinello at firstname.lastname@example.org.