| Tuesday, February 21, 2017
This page includes all of the information and forms necessary to apply to USA Swimming as a NEW member club.
USA Swimming offers two classes of membership: (1) Group members, including clubs, seasonal clubs and organizations; and (2) Individual members, including athletes, coaches, officials, and non-athletes. Individual members register through their clubs, or, if not associated with a member club, directly through the local Registration Chair.
If you have any questions, please contact your Local Swim Committee (LSC) Registration chair or the Member Services Department at the National Headquarters. We recommend that you review all of the material on this web page before submitting your application.
Requirements & Instructions to Apply for New Club Membership
- Three forms must be completed as part of your application:
- Requirements Checklist for First-Year Club Membership. (Section 1)
- Facility Use Confirmation Form, for each facility to be used by the team. (Section 1)
- LSC Application Form (available from your LSC Registration Chair)
- In addition to completing the above referenced forms, clubs are required to submit the following items:
- Mission Statement (Section 3)
- Club Leadership and Business Management 101 (Section 3)
- First-Year Budget (Section 4)
- Safety Action Plan (Section 5)
- A key component of the new club requirements is coach certification and education. All coach members of USA Swimming must meet the safety certification requirements and basic education requirements. In addition, Head Coaches of new clubs must meet additional education and/or experience requirements. The club application packet must include documentation of the Head Coach’s certifications and qualifications. (Section 2)
- Two leaders of new clubs must complete the Club Leadership/Business Management School (CLBMS) 101 Online Course and submit certificates of completion. Prior to the second year of membership, club leaders must attend a CLBMS 201 Course. (Section 3)
- Return the registration fee, the completed requirement checklist, and all of the completed application forms and required documentation to the appropriate LSC Registration Chair. Do not send the documentation directly to USA Swimming.
Seasonal Clubs: Seasonal clubs are an LSC option. Although completion of all requirements is recommended, seasonal clubs are not subject to all of the new club stipulations. Seasonal clubs are only required to complete the LSC application form, pay the registration fee, and have a member coach who has completed all USA Swimming requirements. Please check with your LSC for more information.
Please review all of the material on this page before submitting a new club application.
SECTION 1: CLUB MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION & REQUIREMENTS
Requirement Checklist for First Year Club Membership (Required for Application)
Facility Use Confirmation Form (Required for Application)
Print the above documents in Section 1 and submit them to your LSC.
SECTION 2: COACH REQUIREMENTS
SECTION 3: CLUB MISSION, ORGANIZATION & ADMINISTRATION
SECTION 4: FINANCIAL & LEGAL PLANNING
FAQs - Club Financial Area
Important Legal Issues for Swimming Clubs
SECTION 5: SAFETY
Safety Action Plan Examples
SECTION 6: USEFUL INFORMATION & RESOURCES
What is USA Swimming?
Sport Development Consultants-USA Swimming staff members who can assist you in getting your club up and running