Mission Statement: To plan for the needs of the Age Group level of our sport. To generate, evaluate, and communicate ideas, which will assist USA Swimming in planning and developing quality age group swimming programs
Membership: The committee shall be comprised of eight people appointed by the President, plus two athletes with at least one representative from each Zone. At least five of the members shall be coaches. Each non-athlete member shall serve a four-year term, staggered so that two appointments are made annually.
1. To conduct an ongoing evaluation of the local and national age group programs.
2. To develop and submit proposals to provide for the long range planning of age group swimming.
3. To encourage the development of programs that promote participation.
4. To oversee recognition for age group swimmers.
5. To communicate with and provide education and direction for the age group chairs in each LSC.
6. To develop programs to assist athletes in transitioning from Age Group to Senior.
7. To advise and consult with the Club Development Division regarding camps, including open water.
8. To promote inclusion of open water at all levels including LSC competitions, LSC Championships, and Zone meets.