| Friday, March 3, 2017Mission Statement: To discuss and make recommendations on those issues affecting athlete members.
Membership: Chair/Athletes’ Vice President, Executive Vice Chair, Convention Vice Chair, Recruitment & Leadership Vice Chair, National Team Vice Chair, USOC Athletes’ Advisory Council Representative, Central Zone Athlete Representative, Eastern Zone Athlete Representative, Southern Zone Athlete Representative, Western Zone Athlete Representative, At-Large Athlete (appointed), At-Large Athlete (appointed), Immediate Past Chair (Ex-officio)
If a member of the Executive Committee cannot fulfill the requirements of his/her position, including attendance at the annual meeting, an alternate shall fill the vacancy for the remainder of their term, pursuant to procedures established by the Athletes Committee.
1. The Athletes Vice President shall appoint representatives to serve one-year terms on each committee of USA Swimming except the Olympic International Operations, Finance, and the Counselors’ Committee.
2. The Athletes Vice President shall monitor attendance of athlete representatives to committee meetings and submit the record of attendance to the Athletes Committee.
3. Whenever, under this Code, the Athletes Executive Committee is empowered to elect or appoint one or more representatives, the Athletes Committee shall establish written criteria for eligibility for such representation, unless such criteria is otherwise set forth in the Rules and Regulations.
4. Create and recommend to the Board of Directors a program for Athlete Assistance and aid in the administration of the program.
5. Communicate with and make recommendations to the House of Delegates, Board of Directors, standing and local swimming committees, in those matters that affect athlete members of the corporation.
No Results Found
This is used as a workaround to display Twitter feeds properly. Please do not modify or remove - Michael C