| Friday, March 3, 2017Mission Statement: To ensure that proper recognition is bestowed upon those persons who have distinguished themselves by either their performance or contribution to USA Swimming.
Membership: The committee shall be comprised of four members appointed by the President for a four year term and one athlete member. Terms shall be staggered so that 25% of the non-athlete members are appointed annually. With respect to the identification and / or recipients of the awards presented by USA Swimming, other members of USA Swimming may be included in the meeting.
1. To identify the nominees and / or recipients of awards presented by USA Swimming.
2. To approve the design of awards to be presented at USA Swimming Championship meets and the annual meeting of USA Swimming.
3. To provide assistance in selection of awards to be presented at all USA Swimming events, including the Golden Goggles.
4. To review requests and help with the creation of new awards. Proposals for new awards musts meet with the approval of the USA Swimming Board of Directors.
5. To recommend to the USA Swimming Board of Directors necessary changes in criteria of existing awards.
6. To submit for consideration the names of the best possible candidates in various award or scholarship categories by outside organizations.
7. To assist the staff and President in all recognition programs.
8. To annually run the meeting of the previous winners of the USA Swimming Award for the purpose of selecting the recipient of the USA Swimming Award.
No Results Found