| Friday, March 3, 2017Diversity and Inclusion Committee
Mission Statement: USA Swimming is committed to a culture of inclusion and opportunity for people of diverse backgrounds, including, but not limited to, race, age, income, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender expression and sexual orientation.
Membership: The President appoints the members to four-year terms, staggered so that 25% are named annually.
To support USA Swimming in:
1. Increasing participation of minority and economically disadvantaged youth.
2. Creating an atmosphere for athletes, coaches, and volunteers to discuss inclusion in an open and trusting atmosphere.
3. Identifying opportunities that will reduce gender disparity among the coaching and leadership ranks.
4. Creating awareness initiatives and programming for athletes, coaches, and volunteers to educate them on age and gender inequity, racial inequity, sexual orientation discrimination, religious discrimination and other discriminations and/or inequities that underrepresented groups face.
5. Identifying and implementing creative strategies to achieve our mission.
6. Developing and supporting elite athletes and coaches as positive role models.
7. Educating and increasing awareness of our mission.
8. Enhancing the diversity, cultural competence, skill and performance of USA Swimming leaders.
9. Partnering with other organizations and agencies to achieve our mission.
Diversity and Inclusion Committee Members act as:
1. Advocates for USA Swimming, and diversity through support for the organization, its staff, and mission, vision and key strategies.
2. Resources to USA Swimming, the LSCs and the broader swimming community through assistance with diversity initiatives, gender equity initiatives, dialogue and expertise.
3. Liaisons to the LSC boards and Diversity Chairs.
No Results Found