| Friday, March 3, 2017Mission Statement: To act as the custodian of the USA Swimming Rules and Regulations, responsible for its contents, amendment process, and interpretation.
Membership: The committee membership shall be structured as follows:
a. the Chair of the Officials Committee, the Chair of the NCAA Men’s and Women’s Swimming Committee, the Chair of the High School Swimming Rules Committee, the Technical Vice President, the Program Operations Vice President, the immediate past chair of the Rules and Regulations Committee, the USA Swimming representative to the FINA Open Water Swimming Technical Committee, and the USA Swimming representative to the FINA Technical Committee or their respective designees;
b. a representative from each Allied member appointed by that member within thirty days following the annual meeting in even-numbered years;
c. eight non-athlete members appointed by the President, none of whom shall be members of the Board of Directors, and three of whom shall be coaches, each serving a four-year term, staggered so that two members are appointed annually;
d. a sufficient number of athletes appointed by the Athletes Committee so as to constitute at least twenty percent of the voting membership of the Committee;
e. ex-officio members (Executive Director, Secretary/General Counsel, the representative of U.S. Masters Swimming, the staff liaison, and others appointed by the Chair of the Rules and Regulations Committee) with voice but no vote.
The President, subject to the approval of the House of Delegates, shall appoint the chair of the committee for a two-year term, who shall appoint a secretary. Those persons originally selecting members of the committee shall fill vacancies occurring in membership.
Responsibilities: See USA Swimming Rules and Regulations for additional responsibilities.
1. To have the sole authority to interpret the technical rules for swimming which are contained in Part One and Seven of the USA Swimming Rules and Regulations when requested by the Board of Directors, local swimming committees, staff, committees, members of the corporation, or when interpretation seems appropriate.
2. To have joint authority with the Secretary of the Corporation to officially interpret Part two of the USA Swimming Rules and Regulations.
3. To receive all proposed changes to the USA Swimming Rules & Regulations.
4. To review or initiate proposed amendments to the USA Swimming Rules & Regulations with recommendation for approval or rejection at the annual meeting of the House of Delegates.
5. To review and approve changes in LSC affiliation of clubs, changes in the territorial boundaries of LSCs, and changed in the Zone affiliations of LSC’s as prescribed by the procedures set forth in the USA Swimming Rules & Regulations.
6. To review applications for the creation of new LSCs and to study the geographical structure of the corporation prior to submitting recommendations to the House of Delegates.
No Results Found
This is used as a workaround to display Twitter feeds properly. Please do not modify or remove - Michael C