| Thursday, March 16, 2017
Have you ever wondered what "great" clubs do to be great? That question is at the heart of the Club Recognition Program (or CRP). This program offers our club members a working blueprint for developing strong, stable, financially sound and athletically productive organizations.
Designed by USA Swimming's National Club Development Committee (comprised primarily of coaches), this voluntary program presents four levels of achievement across four component areas deemed critical to long-term club success (Level IV is the highest level). The program encourages clubs to establish organizational goals and to benchmark their progress toward those goals.
The ultimate objective of the program is to strengthen the club system in USA Swimming by guiding clubs through a development process that ultimately positions the program and its coaches to better serve athletes.
The Club Development Committee looked at many different factors that helped create "great" clubs. The committee grouped all of the factors into four major component areas:
- Business & Organizational Success
- Parent & Volunteer Development
- Coach Development & Education
- Athlete Development & Performance
WHAT IS INVOLVED?
The program is entirely web based. Some markers require specific actions by the club. For example:
- Check lists. Example: the club conducts a business insurance review. Yes or No?
- Fill in the blank. Example: the club is asked to enter its mission statement.
- Upload documents. Example: the club is asked to upload a copy of its bylaws.
- Some are automatic based on queries to the USA Swimming Star Times database. Example: the system will determine whether 50% of the clubs swimmers have participated in at least 6 swim meets within the past 12 months.
Upon completion of a level, a club is able to print a certificate showing completion of that level. The club's achieved level is also automatically listed in the club search feature on the USA Swimming website.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
Participation in the program requires an investment of time and attention by each club. As with anything that provides true benefit, we believe this investment is worthwhile and will pay significant dividends over time. We encourage the leaders in your club to look into the program and how it can benefit your organization.
A club enters its information through the administrative login section of its club portal. All Head Coaches were given a password to their Club Portal area. Note: This is a distinct password separate from your personal account password. You must have a USA Swimming account and login to the website in order to access the Club Administrator login screen.
If you need help getting started:
- Email Club Development if you need your Club Portal Password
- Contact your Sport Development Consultant if you need help
See the documents at the bottom of the page for more detailed instructions.