By USA Swimming | Thursday, September 6, 2018
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – USA Swimming today announced the eight swimmers nominated to represent Team USA at the third summer edition of the Summer Youth Olympic Games in October in Buenos Aires, Argentina. All team nominations are subject to approval by the United States Olympic Committee, which will announce the full roster later this month.
Following the Youth Olympic Games Opening Ceremony on Oct. 6, the swimming portion of the Games is scheduled for Oct. 7-12 at Youth Olympic Park.
Representing the United States in Buenos Aires will be:
- Will Barao (Hingham, Mass./Bluefish Swim Club)
- Ethan Dang (Renton, Wash./King Aquatic Club)
- Ethan Harder (Billings, Mont./Billings Aquatic Club)
- Jake Johnson (Lincoln University, Pa./Delaware Swim Team)
- Madelyn Donohoe (Annandale, Va./The Fish)
- Kate Douglass (Pelham, N.Y./Chelsea Piers Aquatic Club)
- Kaitlynn Sims (Montgomery, Texas/Magnolia Aquatic Club)
- Rhyan White (Herriman, Utah/Wasatch Front Fish Market)
Team Leader: Mitch Dalton (USA Swimming National Junior Team Director)
Coach: Crystal Keelan (Penn Charter Aquatic Club)
Athletes were selected according to their fastest times and corresponding world rank from official Youth Olympic Games qualifying competitions during the qualifying period. Full selection procedures can be found at usaswimming.org.
This group represents some of the United States’ top junior swimmers. Three of the eight selections are members of the 2017-18 National Junior Team – Donohoe in the 1500-meter freestyle, White in the 200m backstroke and Harder in the 200m back. Douglass (50m free) and Johnson (200m butterfly) were named to USA Swimming’s 18 & Under World 100 list for 2017. Douglass also was a member of the 2017 FINA World Junior Championships roster.
No Results Found
This is used as a workaround to display Twitter feeds properly. Please do not modify or remove - Michael C