By USA Swimming | Thursday, December 6, 2018
GREENSBORO, N.C. & AUSTIN, Texas. – Fast swims continued Thursday at the Speedo Winter Junior Championships, as USA Swimming National Team members Alex Walsh of Nashville Aquatic Club and Regan Smith of Riptide Swim Team took down meet records in Greensboro and Austin, respectively.
Walsh eclipsed her own year-old mark in the women’s 200-yard individual medley at the Speedo Winter Junior Championships – East in Greensboro with a time of 1 minute, 53.69 seconds. In Austin at the Speedo Winter Junior Championships – West, Smith – a standout backstroker – put her versatility on display with a meet record 4:37.10 in the women’s 500y freestyle.
Also in Greensboro, National Junior Team member Carson Foster took down the men’s 200y IM meet record with a time of 1:42.54. He followed with a third relay meet record in just two nights, as he teamed with brother Jake Foster, Adam Chaney and Jacob McDonald to lead the Mason Manta Rays to the men’s 400y medley relay victory and meet record in 3:11.11.
Thursday’s winners from the 2018 Speedo Winter Junior Championships – East:
- Women’s 500y free: Mary Smutny (South Florida Aquatic Club), 4:44.45
- Men’s 500y free: Jake Magahey (SwimAtlanta), 4:14.61
- Women’s 200y IM: Alex Walsh (Nashville Aquatic Club), 1:53.69 (Meet Record)
- Men’s 200y IM: Carson Foster (Mason Manta Rays), 1:42.54 (Meet Record)
- Women’s 50y Free: Gretchen Walsh (Nashville Aquatic Club), 21.82
- Men’s 50y Free: Adam Chaney (Mason Manta Rays), 19.87
- Women’s 400y Medley Relay: Nashville Aquatic Club, 3:36.23
- Men’s 400y Medley Relay: Mason Manta Rays, 3:11.11 (Meet Record)
Thursday’s winners from the 2018 Speedo Winter Junior Championships – West:
- Women’s 500y free: Regan Smith (Riptide Swim Team), 4:37.10 (Meet Record)
- Men’s 500y free: Coby Carrozza (Longhorn Aquatics), 4:16.95
- Women’s 200y IM: Zoie Hartman (Crow Canyon Country Club Sharks), 1:54.62
- Men’s 200y IM: Gianluca Urlando (DART Swimming), 1:42.99
- Women’s 50y Free: Alexandra Crisera (Beach Cities Swimming), 22.48
- Men’s 50y Free: Jack Armstrong (Houston Bridge Bats), 19.81
- Women’s 400y Medley Relay: Crow Canyon Country Club Sharks, 3:37.66
- Men’s 400y Medley Relay: Rose Bowl Aquatics, 3:16.08
Action runs through Saturday at both sites with prelims at 9 a.m. local time, followed by 5 p.m. finals. Complete webcast of all sessions from both sites is available at usaswimming.org.
Keep up with all the latest USA Swimming news by following @usaswimming on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
No Results Found
This is used as a workaround to display Twitter feeds properly. Please do not modify or remove - Michael C