By USA Swimming | Monday, December 10, 2018
Position Title: Director of Human Resources & Employee Engagement
Division: Business Affairs
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: General Counsel and Chief Administrative Officer
The Director of Human Resources & Employee Engagement is responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of all employee-related initiatives. The Director also establishes and leads intra-office engagement and development opportunities, as well as USA Swimming’s community involvement.
• Annually review and make recommendations to executive management for improvement of the organization’s policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
• Effectively communicate to all employees any changes in the organization’s personnel policies and procedures, including day-to-day policy interpretations; provide guidance and assist supervisors to ensure proper compliance.
• Maintain responsibility for the organization’s compliance with federal, state and local law regarding employment matters; consult with legal counsel, as appropriate.
• Maintain knowledge of industry trends and relevant employment legislation.
• Identify, implement and maintain a human resource information system that meets the organization’s personnel information needs.
• Assist executive management with the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization’s wage and salary program.
• Administer the organization’s benefits programs.
• Oversee the organization’s recruiting efforts for regular, intern and temporary talent; serve as primary contact for all senior level talent recruitment.
• Establish and execute a formal orientation process for all new hires.
• Coordinate or conduct exit interviews and off-boarding.
• Develop and manage a biannual performance evaluation process of all employees to include tracking of completed evaluations, review of completed reviews for content and consistency.
• Coach, lead and provide guidance in the development of talent across all functional areas, including workforce planning, structure and restructure, training, and succession planning.
• Recommend, evaluate and participate in employee development opportunities.
• Assist in the formalization of the organization’s Diversity & Inclusion and Wellness programs, including identification of the most appropriate leadership, framework, and initiatives.
• Participate on committees and special projects and seek additional responsibilities.
• Serve as employee advocate; ensure opportunities are provided to reach employees’ full potential.
• Oversee HRIS and benefits system administration and maintenance.
• Lead change management and internal communication efforts.
• Assist with handling of disability, FMLA, and Workers Compensation claims.
• Bachelor’s degree and minimum four years’ human resources experience.
• Master’s degree and/or SHRM (SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP) or HRCP (SPHR or PHR) certification preferred.
• Broad knowledge of principles and methods in all functional areas of human resources.
• Ability to engage and interact with all levels of the organization.
• Readily establishes credibility and maintains high level of confidentiality at all times.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to communicate complex or conflicting information that may require significant interpretation.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Positive, outgoing and friendly demeanor.
• Able to work independently.
Interested candidates may submit their resume and cover letter via email
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job; other duties may be assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
USA Swimming is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
No Results Found
This is used as a workaround to display Twitter feeds properly. Please do not modify or remove - Michael C