By USA Swimming | Thursday, January 10, 2019
Position Title: Diversity & Inclusion Coordinator
Division: Sport Development
Reports To: Senior Director Education, Programs & Services
USA Swimming is the national governing body for the Olympic sport of swimming and is a non-profit corporation headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colo. It has 419,427 individual members and over 3,030 member clubs. The purpose of the USA Swimming’s Sport Development Division is to develop, enhance and deliver education, programs and services to USA Swimming member club and coaches and to share the USA Swimming mission and vision with other groups and organizations.
The Diversity and Inclusion Coordinator will assist with the implementation of programs and services to increase multicultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic diversity at all levels of the sport and organization. The D&I Coordinator will also assist with a comprehensive and integrated approach to achieve increased inclusion education for our members.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with educational and awareness programs to promote and support diversity and inclusion at all levels of USA Swimming.
- Support programs and delivery systems designed to grow multicultural membership participation, enhance athlete performance and develop leaders from underrepresented populations.
- Collaborate with volunteers throughout USA Swimming and the national headquarters staff to ensure consistency of message and efforts.
- Coordinate marketing and promotional efforts with the Commercial and Communications Divisions.
- Assist with collaborative strategic partnerships with diverse organizations and communities.
- Work together with the USA Swimming Foundation to bridge the Make a Splash Initiative into our overall diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Actively participate with and provide support to the Diversity & Inclusion National Committee
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field
- Preferred, but not required: prior experience with the USA Swimming club culture
- Basic understanding of USA Swimming’s structure, role and objectives.
- Cultural competency experience either through coursework, work or personal experience
- Leadership as an individual contributor and as a project leader
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Presentation and communication skills.
- Bilingual skills preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Access programs and use of social media.
- This position will be based in Colorado Springs and will require occasional travel.
Interested candidates may submit their resume and cover letter via email
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job; other duties may be assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
USA Swimming is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
No Results Found
This is used as a workaround to display Twitter feeds properly. Please do not modify or remove - Michael C