By USA Swimming | Thursday, September 26, 2019
Position Title: Sport Development Intern
Division: Sport Development
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Morgan Weinberg
Reviewed/Revised: September 25, 2019
USA Swimming is the National Governing Body for the sport of swimming in the United States. USA Swimming promotes the culture of swimming by creating opportunities for swimmers and coaches of all backgrounds to participate and advance the sport through clubs, events and education. Our membership is comprised of swimmers of every age and ability, all the way up to the Olympic Team, as well as coaches and volunteers.
USA Swimming is responsible for selecting and training teams for international competition, including the Olympic Games, and strives to serve the sport through its core objectives: Build the base, Promote the sport, Achieve competitive success. We administer competitive swimming in accordance with the Olympic & Amateur Sports Act and are committed to providing a safe and positive environment for all members.
USA Swimming’s Sport Development Division’s primary purpose is to support and strengthen the national infrastructure of club swimming. Core activities include athlete pipeline development, team education and support, coach education and support, facility advocacy and development, membership growth and diversity, equity and inclusion. Interns for the Sport Development Division will be responsible for assisting all members of the department with various projects and assignments.
Essential Job Functions:
Functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Create spreadsheets and data reports
- Assist with administrative duties (data entry/management, organization, filing, mailings)
- Assist with creating, posting and updating web pages
- Work closely with the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team on special projects
- Assist with special projects (Swim-A-Thon, Regional Coaches Clinics, Online Coach Clinics, Podcasts, Make A Splash, Build A Pool, Leadership Initiatives, etc.) and other duties as assigned
- Provide camp preparation and delivery support when needed
- Resource editing including education initiatives
- Assist with Sport Development’s social media pages which includes creating a monthly content calendar, submitting graphics requests and communicating with the social media manager to ensure connectivity between all social platforms
- Educational Requirements:Enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program at the junior or senior level status, completed a bachelor’s degree within one calendar year prior, or enrolled in a master’s degree program
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point & Outlook
- Experience working with professional social media
- Passion for sport and the ideals of the Olympic Movement
- Sport experience preferred (i.e., active in competitive/intramural sports)
- Must be eligible to work in the USA
- Excellent organization, communication and human relations skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced multidisciplinary team environment
Interested candidates may submit their resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job; other duties may be assigned.
USA Swimming is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer