By USA Swimming | Friday, January 10, 2020
Position Title: Manager, Program Development
Division: Sport Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Team Services Director
The Program Development Manager provides service and support focused on education, communication and leadership to coaches, clubs and local swim committees (LSCs). This includes delivering information such as best practices, providing support and being a resource to the customers in the assigned territory. The primary goal of the Manager, Program Development is facilitating the success of swim clubs as businesses and organizations.
- Serve as the primary communication medium and customer service contact of USA Swimming to coaches, clubs, and LSCs in assigned territory
- Serve as a multifaceted team service resource for coaches and swim clubs within assigned territory on operational, administrative and technical matters
- Serve as a contact and resource for prospective new swim clubs within assigned territory
- Overall management of the membership and regional program development in the assigned territory. The objective to engage, retain, and acquire/support new programs as USA Swimming members.
- Driving Implementing USA Swimming best practices such as ADM, CLBMS, Club Recognition, Safe Sport Club Recognition, and Club Excellence.
- Promote utilization and provide delivery of all USA Swimming programs and services
- Carry message about national priorities to coaches, clubs and LSCs; act as an advocate for USA Swimming to gain support for USA Swimming initiatives.
- In addition to regular visits to clubs in assigned territory, attend key swim meets, conferences, and events that facilitate communication, education and delivery of services
- Develop and implement plan of action to retain influence and communication within assigned territory when travel is limited.
- Work with LSC and Zone leadership to develop and implement service and support plan to clubs/teams
- Serve as program/project director for assigned programs and services offered by the Sport Development Division.
- Contribute to the creation and development of new programs and services within the Sport Development Division
- Track all club/coach contacts and create detailed reports following club/team visit as well as enter data in CRM as directed by Team Service Director
- Serve as a staff liaison as assigned for committees associated with Sport Development Division programs and services
- Fulfill the specific requirement of the “Role of the Manager, Program Development” attached
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Proficiency with computers and a willingness to expand knowledge base, especially with the following programs: MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational, presentation and communication skills
Performance Management Accountabilities
- Model behaviors that support and demonstrate commitment to organizational values
- Identify issues and problems and seek to proactively develop and implement solutions
- Establish quarterly and annual goals with Director
- Work collaboratively with other USA-S staff members and divisions to facilitate the coordination and integration of USA-S services and programs
- Relocate to Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Able and willing to travel approximately 30-40% of the time, at direction of Team Services Director and Senior Director
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field preferred
- Minimum of ten-years’ experience in club coaching with a minimum of five years as a head coach, or similar relevant experience.
- Demonstrated competence in swim club operations, administration and governance including board governance, institution and small business knowledge and experience.
- Basic understanding of USA Swimming’s structure, role, and objectives
Role of Program Development Manager
- Servicing and consulting with Club
- Meet with the Head Coach
- Meet with BOD’s for non-profit clubs
- Regularly conduct in person Club Leadership & Business Management School (CLBMS) 201 course throughout the Zone
- Club Strategic Thinking
- Club Mission Statement & By laws
- ADM Implementation
- Athlete/Parent talks
- Member Team/Club staff development
- Become the resource person for coaches & clubs
- Review & approve new club applications
- Help clubs with Club Recognition Program process
- Review & approve Club Recognition applications
- Participation at events
- Camps [Zone Regional Select Camp]
- Swim Meets [Juniors (when held in the Zone), Futures, Sectionals, Zone meets, Open Water, some LSC Championships, and some local meets]
- USA Swimming Regional Coaching Clinics
- Coach Clinics [ASCA World Clinic, other regional clinics]
- USA Swimming Annual Convention
- LSC Swimposium’s
- Workshops [i.e. Build A Pool, Diversity, Age Group Coaches Conference, Club Presidents’ Summit, LSC Workshops, Safe Sport Conference, Coach Owner Summit, SwimBiz, National Team Coach Summit]
- Other Functions at Olympic Training Center [Club Visits, National Select Camp, Diversity Camp, etc.]
- Committee meetings as assigned
- Other duties as assigned (ODAA)
- Phone consultation/intervention
- Become familiar with USA Swimming Programs developed in the Sport Development Division
- Become familiar with programs developed by other divisions within USA Swimming
- Staff Liaison to committees
- Contribute to newsletters when appropriate
- Fostering relationships w/other organizations [i.e. YMCA, Boys & Girls Club, Red Cross]
- Coaches education
- Work with Senior Manager of LSC Services to provide resources to LSCs and Zones.
Interested candidates may submit their resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job; other duties may be assigned.
USA Swimming is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer