By USA Swimming | Thursday, February 20, 2020
Position Title: Event Marketing & Promotions Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Manager, Event Marketing
Reviewed/Revised: February 2020
The Event Marketing & Promotions Coordinator supports the Partnerships team with the planning and implementation of USA Swimming events.
USA Swimming Event Marketing and Promotion
Support the marketing and promotion of USA Swimming Championship level events.
Events including but not limited to - TYR Pro Swim Series, Phillips 66 National Championships, Speedo Juniors, Toyota US Open, international competitions awarded to USA Swimming.
- Support marketing and promotional planning as well as activation for USA Swimming events
- Create Pre-Event Marketing and Promotions Document
- Support on-site activations
- Assist with fan experience area for USA Swimming’s larger national events
- Coordinate the development and implementation of ticket sales plan
- Support marketing and promotional plan with host and USA Swimming Communications and Technical staff that will drive ticket sales and awareness in the community
- Work in conjunction with USA Swimming Communications team to develop and implement a social media plan to promote events
- Work together with the Technical team to implement the look of the event in and outside the venue.
- Work closely with the organization’s Marketing Partnership team to ensure sponsor obligations are met
- Organize and coordinate corporate services including hospitality, reception planning, transportation as necessary
U.S. Olympic Team Trials – Swimming
Support the marketing and promotion of U.S. Olympic Team Trials - Swimming.
- Support the execution of signage plan inside and outside the venue
- Support the coordination and activation of USA Swimming’s fan experience “Aqua Zone”
- Manage and lead volunteers that are utilized throughout the Aqua Zone
- Support the conduct of VIP hospitality events inside and outside the venue
- Perform other duties on-site as required
Golden Goggle Awards
USA Swimming support for the planning, management and execution of the USA Swimming Golden Goggle Awards.
- Play an instrumental role in the planning and execution of USA Swimming’s annual awards ceremony
- Provide leadership for hotel room block, hospitality, and food and beverage needs
- Coordinate and assign responsibilities for volunteers participating at the event
- Work with Creative Productions, Operations, and Development teams to meet their requirements for the event
USA Swimming’s Make a Splash Tour
Assist in the conduct of USA Swimming’s Make a Splash tour.
- Provide hospitality opportunities for donors of the USA Swimming Foundation at each stop of the tour
- Creation and management of hotel blocks
- Coordinate signage, apparel and gifting approvals and ordering.
- Maintain schedule for the tour
- Manage public ticketing for clinics
- Bachelor’s degree in sports management, hospitality, marketing and/or related field
- Minimum 2 years experience in event coordination/planning ideally in the sports industry
- Expereince in hotel sales/reservations procedures
- Self-starter with high level of initiative and creativity
- Ability to work independently to produce high quality work and meet deadlines
- Team player with a consistently professional demeanor
- Ability to balance priorities in order to best focus on key organizational initiatives and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with staff and business partners
- Willingness to travel
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft programs, including Word, Excel, Publisher, Access, and Powerpoint
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job; other duties may be assigned.
USA Swimming is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates may submit their resume and cover letter using the link below: