Club operations information
Return to Practice
The National Federation of State High School Associations & The Sports Medicine Advisory Committee guidance for opening up high school athletics and activities.
The United States Swim School Association recommendations for returning to swim lessons.
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce provides a Playbook for Your Small Business- Ready to Reopen
How to Effectively Communicate Your Reopening Plans to Customers by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
The SBA will work directly with state Governors to provide targeted, low-interest loans to small businesses and non-profits that have been severely impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The governmental affairs liaison to the USOPC has suggested that businesses apply as soon as possible. There have been reports that the website is very slow due to the deluge of applications (and may crash so save your work often).
Virtual Meetings Untangled Free PDF download from BoardSource
Going Virtual Fast & Well blog from BoardSource on running a virtual meeting
Responding to COVID-19: Building the “New Normal” blog from BoardSource (includes a number of good additional resources at the conclusion of the blog)
How to Build a Culture of Inquiry During the COVID-19 Crisis blog from BoardSource
How Nonprofits and Board Members Can Respond to COVID-19 Questions from the nonprofit sector and additional resources from BoardSource
General Resources for Swim Coaches and Swim Teams
Compiled by Julie Bachman, Executive Director, Gulf Swimming and John Bradley, Sport Development Director, Minnesota Swimming
LSC Development Committee Crisis Management Resources
COVID-19 Townhall: Michigan Swimming’s Response and Action Plan
How to Hold onto Your Customers in a Crisis by Robbie Kellman Baxter
Free Working from Home Strengths Assessment from TTi Success Insights and Kincaid Consulting Group
Zoom Video Meeting Etiquette
Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) Information
Club Dues Resources:
We have heard a number of different ideas:
1. “Opt out” versus “Opt in”. Team has said that they will be charging full-price for April unless you notify us and “Opt out”. -Stingray Swim Team
2. Keep dues as they have been-no change. Proposal for Temporary Adjustment to Business Operations and Training to Board of Directors. -Jets Aquatic Club; also providing a web based training plan
3. Be upfront with the parents and define the real dollar needs. -Schroeder YMCA
4. Teams are charging a percentage of regular dues for April.
5. Some teams are not charging any dues for April.
6. Sample Swim Team COVID Template & communication for correspondence with team