USA Swimming presents... kick set!
The USA Swimming podcast series, Kick Set, will feature coaches, athletes and staff members who will share their perspectives on various topics in the swimming world.
Check out this month's podcast release featuring Chuck Batchelor, head coach at Bluefish Swim Club. Chuck talks about his career in swimming leading up to Bluefish, his experience coaching high level young athletes, how he advocates for his athletes leading into college, the journey of coaching Elizabeth Beisel and how he continues to celebrate his love for food despite dietary restrictions!
Chuck Batchelor joined the Bluefish in September 2005.
- 2006 Head Coach of the USA Swimming's Men's National Select Camp in Colorado Springs at the Olympic Training Center.
- 2008 USA Swimming National Junior Team Head Coach to Junior Pan Pacific Championships in Guam.
- 2009 USA Swimming Women's Assistant to coach to World Championship in Rome, Italy.
- 2010 USA Swimming Women's Assistant coach to Pan Pacific Championships Irvine, California.
- October 2011 Pan American Games Women's Head Coach.
- 2012 New England Swimming Senior Coach of the year!
In his coaching career Batchelor has trained 1 Olympian, 52 National Qualifiers, 41 Olympic Trial Qualifiers, and had 10 swimmers rank in the top 100 in the world. He is committed to helping all of his swimmers get into the best colleges possible, guiding them through the process of selecting an institution and, if possible, receiving academic or athletic scholarships. Over seventy percent of Chuck’s student athletes have gone on to attend Ivy League institutions.