WHAT IS SWIM-A-THONTM?
Looking for a fun and easy way to raise critical dollars for your swim team? Swim-a-Thon is a great way to raise needed funds while supporting the USA Swimming Foundation! It’s a simple, in-pool fundraiser where participants earn money by swimming lengths of the pool. Swimmers ask family members, friends, neighbors, or businesses to pledge a certain amount of money per length, or make a flat donation in support of the team.
Athletes participating in your team Swim-a-Thon fundraiser can earn Swim-a-Thon Deck Pass Patches, participation and incentive awards from the USA Swimming Foundation, including bag tags, swim caps, water bottles, t-shirts, hoodies, towels, duffel bags, and backpacks. Plus, qualified teams are automatically entered into an annual, nationwide Swim-a-Thon contest where you have the opportunity to win valuable prize packages, and, the ultimate prize, a personal club visit from a current National Team athlete! Teams also have access to a robust online fundraising platform through TeamUnifyTM, our official Swim-a-Thon online fundraising partner.
In the past 10 years, more than 1,000 swim teams across the country have raised more than $50.8 million dollars for their clubs. In 2016, more than 550 teams raised $7.4 million dollars, that’s an average of $13,450 per team!
WHAT CAN YOUR TEAM DO WITH SWIM-A-THON FUNDRAISING DOLLARS?
- Training equipment
- Pool time
- Coach education and salaries
- Team travel
- Starting blocks
- Anything else your club needs!
HOW DOES SWIM-A-THON HELP THE USA SWIMMING FOUNDATION?
Since 2012, more than $1.4 million has been contributed in support of the USA Swimming Foundation's mission to save lives and build champions from teams hosting a USA Swimming Foundation Swim-a-Thon. Teams sign a contract to contribute 5% (or more) of the gross proceeds from their event to the Foundation. Each year many teams choose to contribute more than 5%, with some teams making the USA Swimming Foundation their charity of choice by donating 100% of their proceeds back to the USA Swimming Foundation!
WHAT DOES THE USA SWIMMING FOUNDATION DO WITH THIS MONEY?
- In 2016, the Foundation provided $120,000 in funds to help fund the USA Swimming’s National Age Group Coaches Summit, the Women’s Leadership Conference series, and eight Regional Coaches Clinics.
- The Foundation will be supporting USA Swimming’s 2017 Club Analytics Project, enhancing the Membership & Performance Database Reports, a benefit to every club in the U.S.A.
- We award grant funds to our Make a Splash Local Partners to bring the lifesaving gift of free or low-cost swim lessons to children across the country.
- The Foundation directly supports our National team athletes and coaches, allowing them to train full-time as they fight to keep USA Swimming the #1 in the world.
- And so much more!
When your team hosts a USA Swimming Foundation Swim-a-Thon, you are not only raising funds to build a stronger team at home, you are helping to provide endless opportunities to kids, athletes, coaches, and swim programs across the country!
Are you ready to get started on your way to fundraising the fun and successful way, the Swim-a-Thon way?
Get Started Today!
Learn all you need to know about the USA Swimming Foundation Swim-a-Thon fundraising program with our Little Book of Swim-a-Thon Success (see below)
Choose our Traditional or TeamUnify fundraising platform. Either way, your team will be swimming their way to fun and financial rewards!
- Traditional. Teams are required to register their Swim-a-Thon through the USA Swimming Foundation's online Swim-a-Thon Dashboard (below). Note: Paper contracts have been discontinued.
- TeamUnify. Partner with our official online fundraising partner TeamUnify, and watch your donations soar when you use their robust TUMoney online fundraising platform! Talk to a TU representative today
Within 60 days of the completion of your 2017 Swim-a-Thon event, please follow the instructions outlined below:
- Traditional platform. Follow the easy steps in the Swim-a-Thon Dashboard - Submitting Results - Quick Start Guide to submit your event results and make your payment to the USA Swimming Foundation.
- TeamUnify platform. Follow the easy steps to finalize your USA Swimming Foundation Swim-a-Thon fundraiser. Remit your financial report and check representing 5% (or more) of the gross proceeds from your event to the USA Swimming Foundation.