USA Swimming Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
In prioritizing the health and wellness of all our members, USA Swimming has made the decision to suspend all its sanctioned events across the U.S. through June 30, 2020.
This will be continuously reassessed based on health and governmental authorities’ information.
We continue to stress the importance of preventing the spread of infection and share the following information being circulated by healthcare officials:
- Avoid getting closer than six feet to anyone coughing or sneezing;
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that has 60-95% alcohol. This is especially important after going to the bathroom, before eating, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth;
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or your elbow if you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash, and then wash your hands;
- Stay home if you are sick, and away from the pool and from fellow team members;
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces regularly;
- Monitor the WHO and CDC websites for travel advisories and follow their recommendations.
- CDC Coronavirus Website
- CDC Guidance - Water Transmission & Coronavirus
- WHO Coronavirus Website
- USOPC Updates
- Department of Homeland Security Supplemental Instructions for Inbound Flights with Individuals Who Have Been In China
- U.S. Department of State: Current Outbreak of Coronavirus Disease
Questions or personal concerns regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) should be directed to your local healthcare provider.
This remains a dynamic situation and we will update our decisions and recommendations on a regular basis.