The goal of the LSC Evaluation and Achievement Program (LEAP) is to assist LSCs in becoming more efficient and effective. The LEAP assessment tool provides a roadmap to LSC effectiveness and success in four key areas:
• Business and Organizational Success
• Volunteer Development
• Club and Coach Development
• Athlete Development
LEAP consists of three levels:
is required for each LSC and must be re-certified each quad.
The intent of LEAP Level 1 is to:
• Help LSC’s self-evaluate.
• Assure that LSCs are in compliance with USA Swimming Rules and Regulations and the legal requirements of non-profit governance
• Ensure continuity in LSC governance even as leadership changes.
LEAP Levels 2 and 3
are voluntary. LSCs achieving levels 2 and 3 receive a financial incentive upon completion of each level.
The intent of LEAP 2 and 3 are to:
• Recognize achievement in various programming and service efforts.
• LSCs are encouraged to take on programming and services that will provide enhanced services to athletes, members and volunteers.
The LEAP process is designed to be achievement oriented and assist LSCs to improve the services they offer to athletes, coaches, volunteers and families. LEAP is completely web-based. A team of Zone Directors, LSC Development Committee members, and other interested volunteers evaluate each LEAP submission prior to certification at each level.
LSC Best Practice Library
In response to member interest, an electronic library of LSC best practice material from the LEAP program is now available. This includes sample mission statements, governance policies, manuals, athlete, club and coach programs, and much more. Information is organized according to the categories used in the LEAP portal. When you click on the LEAP level links you will be redirected to Dropbox. Dropbox is a free online service that lets you view documents anywhere and save files to all your computers, tablets, phones and the Dropbox website. If you do not have a Dropbox account it is easy to follow the prompts to create an account. You may download a document you like to your device and use any editing software you own for your purposes. If you have questions we suggest you contact the LSC listed. Check back again. The library will be updated as the LEAP evaluation teams come across new items they would like to share USA Swimming members.
LEAP Level 1
LEAP Level 2
LEAP Level 3