CLUB RECOGNITION PROGRAM
The Club Recognition Program offers our club members a working blueprint for developing strong, stable, financially sound and athletically productive organizations.
Designed over a two year period by USA Swimming's Club Development Committee, this voluntary program presents four levels of achievement across four component areas deemed critical to long-term club success. The program encourages clubs to establish organizational goals and to benchmark their progress toward those goals.
The ultimate objective of the program is to strengthen the club system in USA Swimming by guiding clubs through a development process that ultimately positions the program and its coaches to better serve athletes.
The Club Development Committee looked at many different factors that helped create "great" clubs. The committee grouped all of the factors into four major component areas:
- Business & Organizational Success
- Parent & Volunteer Development
- Coach Development & Education
- Athlete Development & Performance
WHAT IS INVOLVED?
The program is entirely web based. Some markers require specific actions by the club. For example:
- Check lists. Example: the club conducts a business insurance review. Yes or No?
- Fill in the blank. Example: the club is asked to enter its mission statement.
- Upload documents. Example: the club is asked to upload a copy of its bylaws.
- Some are automatic based on queries to the USA Swimming Star Times database. Example: the system will determine whether 50% of the clubs swimmers have participated in at least 6 swim meets within the past 12 months.
Upon completion of a level, a club is able to print a certificate showing completion of that level. The club's achieved level is also automatically listed in the club search feature on the USA Swimming website.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
Participation in the program requires an investment of time and attention by each club. As with anything that provides true benefit, we believe this investment is worthwhile and will pay significant dividends over time. We encourage the leaders in your club to look into the program and how it can benefit your organization.
A club enters its information through the administrative login section of its club portal. All Head Coaches were given a password to their Club Portal area. Note: This is a distinct password separate from your personal account password. You must have a USA Swimming account and login to the website in order to access the Club Administrator login screen.
Here are a few links to help get you started: