2014 USA Swimming Foundation Make a Splash Local Partner Grant Opportunities
The Usa swimming foundation will award $322,500 in make a splash local partner grants this year!
Thanks to the support and generosity of our donors, the USA Swimming Foundation will invest at least $322,500 in grants to help Make a Splash Local Partner Programs in 2014. As the philanthropic arm of USA Swimming, the USA Swimming Foundation raises funds to support programs that save lives and builds champions–in the pool and in life.
Make a Splash Local Partners provide services to young people who, otherwise, would not have the opportunity to participate in water safety instructional programs and/or swimming lessons. Requests for funds may include
any use that advances that purpose.
Make a Splash Local Partners, in good standing, may apply for grants up to $15,000.
Click here for 2014 USA Swimming Foundation Make a Splash Grant Guidelines
Please log into the Make a Splash Resource Library to access the grant application and to apply.
Notable information regarding all grant applications:
- The learn-to-swim provider must be an approved USA Swimming Foundation Make a Splash Local Partner.
- The USA Swimming Foundation will award only one grant per local partner.
- The Local Partner must have turned in the 4 most recent quarterly reports.
- The Local Partner must have a current additional insured certificate on file.
- The Local Partner may be awarded grant funds for a maximum of 3 consecutive years (consecutive years will be counted beginning with the year 2012), unless, the program can show proof of consistent growth within their community over the course of the funding term. In order to be eligible to reapply following a year off, the Partner must provide proof of alternate program funding during the 4th year. When reapplying, the Partner program must show proof of new or additional funding sources, be self-sustaining at the most recent program level, and reflect an increase in program size and the number of children to be served in the grant request.
- The Local Partner will be required to recognize the USA Swimming Foundation’s Make a Splash initiative as a partner and place a Make a Splash logo and a link to www.MakeaSplash.org on their website through December 31, 2014. In addition, grantees will send a provided press release announcing the grant award to their local media outlets. Failure to do this will result in ineligibility for future grant funding.
If you live in Houston, Texas, please note that you are eligible to apply for state or city specific grants as follows:
- Through a special donation from Phillips 66, the USA Swimming Foundation will designate $100,000 in grant funding to local partners in the Houston area.
Deadline to apply for 2014 USA Swimming Foundation’s Make a Splash Local Partner grant is February 20, 2014 at 12pm PST.
The grant application can be found on our Make a Splash Local Partner Resource Library. Please note that you must log in to access the application and apply for a grant.