SAFE SPORT STANDARDS & RESOURCES
- Clubs will be asked to share their Athlete Protection Policies and other measures they have in place to safeguard athletes.
- They will also demonstrate how they screen and select staff and volunteers as getting the right people involved is a big part of successfully implementing Safe Sport.
- Additionally, clubs will be awarded points when minor athletes and parents complete the Safe Sport online courses, as well as hosting in-person Safe Sport related training.
- They will also detail communication to members about how to report misconduct to USA Swimming Safe Sport and the U.S. Center for SafeSport.
- Note: Expect approximately 4 weeks for staff to review the application and provide feedback.
Recognized clubs earn a badge to display on their website, and these clubs will be designated as Safe Sport recognized in USA Swimming’s Find-a-Team online search tool. Become recognized and demonstrate your team’s commitment to safeguarding
your athletes and all participants!