Online Coach Clinics FAQ
Online Clinic Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who leads the webinar?
Each webinar is hosted by USA Swimming Programs and Services Manager, Morgan Weinberg, and features a guest presenter from the coaching world who has expertise in the topic at hand.
2. How does an USA Swimming Online Clinic work?
Generally, the host will welcome everyone and introduce the speaker for the day. The speaker will lead a PowerPoint presentation answering questions submitted by attendees either during the course of the presentation or after the slides are compete.
3. Can I receive ASCA Credit for my participation in the clinic?
ASCA will give 3 units of certification credit to coaches who attend an Online Clinic. To get credit, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the date and title of the clinic. Questions should be directed to ASCA on certification credits.
4. How do I register?
You must register for each clinic individually and only after registration is open for the particular clinic. See detailed registration information on www.usaswimming.org/onlineclinic.
5. What if I cannot attend the event live?
All of the Online Clinic Series events are recorded and posted to this page within 24 hours of the end of the clinic. The recording features full audio and the same visual experience as attending the clinic live.
6. Can I attend this event using my mobile device?
You can attend USA Swimming Online Clinic Series on your iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, or Android devices by downloading the iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad or Android Adobe Connect app. No other devices are supported at this time. You may also be required to install Adobe Air on your mobile device. Some features and functionality may be lost while participating in Online Clinic Series in this format.
- On the day of the event, open the Adobe Connect app and navigate to the meeting URL listed in your registration confirmation email. It will be in the format of http://usaswimming.adobeconnect.com/eXXXXXXXXXX with the eXXXXXXXXX changing for each event.
- Enter your login information that you created during event registration. Your email address is the username and the password has at least one capital letter.
- Alternatively, you may select "Enter as a Guest." And then you would enter your name in the "Name" field and click on the login button.
- If you have problems installing the required software, please contact the app vendor (apple.com/contact or market.android.com/support/) for assistance. USA Swimming is unable to provide technical support for mobile application access.
- No audio at all. Is your speaker muted?
- Audio pauses but restarts from where it stopped. This generally indicates network congestion between your computer and the server. It may help to specify a slower network speed in Adobe Connect (although this may reduce audio quality). To specify network speed, go to the "Meeting" menu, select "Manage My Settings", and then select "My Connection Speed".
- Hearing an echo. This generally is a result of logging into the meeting room twice. Please make sure to close one of the meeting room windows.
- Hearing background noise or an echo. Shut down all other applications that use audio and also check for multiple instances of Adobe Connect.
- Audio is too loud or too quiet. Adjust your volume controls or try using headphones (if too quiet).
- Audio is garbled, inconsistent between speakers, or cannot be adjusted satisfactorily. In addition to the audio feed via the computer, a back-up audio stream is available via a conference call. The number and access instructions are available on the left hand side of the screen in the main presentation window.