| Sunday, April 16, 2017
NBC Sports Coverage
MESA, Ariz. – Olympic silver medalist Chase Kalisz (Bel Air, Md./North Baltimore Aquatic Club) won the men’s 200-meter butterfly and 200m individual medley, and Katie Ledecky (Bethesda, Md./Stanford Swimming) was victorious for the third straight night at the 2017 arena Pro Swim Series at Mesa on Saturday at Skyline Aquatic Center.
Kalisz, who won the 400m IM on Friday, opened his night with a convincing win in the men’s 200m fly, touching in 1 minute, 55.82 seconds. He came back just over 30 minutes later to pick up his second victory of the night and third in Mesa in the men’s 200m IM with a time of 1:57.71 to rank No. 5 in world for 2017.“I only came in with the intention of racing my hardest, and I had no times in mind, so everything that I’ve done this weekend was kind of a surprise to me,” Kalisz said. “It’s always a good surprise, so I’m happy with where I am right now.”
Ledecky, the world record holder in the event, won the 800m free in a 2017 world-best time of 8:15.44. She also earned victories in the 200m free and 400m free in Mesa.
Katie Meili (Colleyville, Texas/New York Athletic Club) picked up her second breaststroke win of the meet, taking the 100m title in 1:06.37, good for the No. 3 time in world this season.
Other USA Swimming National Team winners Saturday included:
- Kelsi Worrell (Westhampton, N.J./Cardinal Aquatics) in the women’s 200m fly in 2:09.04 for her second win in Mesa
- Matt Grevers (Lake Forest, Ill./Tucson Ford Dealers Aquatics) in the men’s 100m back in 54.15
- Kevin Cordes (Naperville, Ill./Unattached) in the men’s 100m breast in 1:00.78
- Ali Deloof (Grosse Pointe, Mich./Club Wolverine) in the women’s 100m back in 59.43
- Madisyn Cox (Lubbock, Texas/Texas) in the women’s 200m IM in 2:11.14
Tickets are on sale now for the fourth stop of the 2017 arena Pro Swim Series, set for May 4-7 in Atlanta on the campus of Georgia Tech.
No Results Found
This is used as a workaround to display Twitter feeds properly. Please do not modify or remove - Michael C