By USA Swimming | Saturday, August 25, 2018
SUVA, Fiji – The United States won 13 medals – six gold, three silver and four bronze – Saturday at the 2018 Junior Pan Pacific Championships in Suva, Fiji.
Isabelle Stadden (Aquajets Swim Team) set the meet record in the prelims of the women’s 200-meter backstroke in 2:08.81, then returned to claim gold in finals in 2:09.52.
Other gold medalists for the U.S. Saturday included Ross Dant (Hickory Foundation Seahorse) in the men’s 400m free, Gianluca Urlando (DART Swimming) in the men’s 100m butterfly, Carson Foster (Mesa Manta Rays) in the men’s 200m backstroke, the women’s 400m free relay and the men’s 400m free relay.
The following is a complete list of American medalists in Saturday’s finals:
- Gold, Men’s 400m Freestyle: Ross Dant, 3:52.44
- Gold, Men’s 100m Butterfly: Gianluca Urlando, 52.40
- Gold, Women’s 200m Backstroke: Isabelle Stadden, 2:09.52 (Prelims, 2:08.81, Meet Record)
- Gold, Men’s 200m Backstroke: Carson Foster, 1:59.10
- Gold, Women’s 400m Free Relay: Gretchen Walsh, Alex Walsh, Isabel Ivey, Lucie Nordmann, 3:40.10
- Gold, Men’s 400m Free Relay: Adam Chaney, Danny Kovac, Destin Lasco, Drew Kibler, 3:19.44
- Silver, Women’s 400m Freestyle: Claire Tuggle, 4:10.31
- Silver, Men’s 100m Butterfly: Van Mathias, 53.11
- Silver, Men’s 200m Backstroke: Peter Larson, 1:59.24
- Bronze, Women’s 400m Freestyle: Mariah Denigan, 4:12.59
- Bronze, Men’s 400m Freestyle: Ethan Heasley, 3:53.81
- Bronze, Women’s 100m Butterfly: Isabel Ivey, 59.81
- Bronze, Women’s 200m Backstroke: Katharine Berkoff, 2:11.87
The four-day meet consists of daily prelims and finals at 9 a.m. FJT/5 p.m. EDT (previous day) and 5 p.m. FJT/1 a.m. EDT. Fiji Time (FJT) is 16 hours ahead of Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). A webcast of the action is available online via www.fijione.tv/live-tv.
No Results Found
This is used as a workaround to display Twitter feeds properly. Please do not modify or remove - Michael C