Monday, February 22, 2021
Kick Set Podcast | Episode 32: Shaine Casas
U.S. National Team member and 2019 national champion in the 100-meter backstroke Shaine Casas breaks down his quick rise to becoming one of the country's top swimmers, as well as Black History Month, his outlook for the future of his career and more.
- 00:00 - Intro
- 04:37 - Shaine's background in sports
- 09:33 - Experiences at National Junior Team camps and events
- 16:10 - Experiences at Texas A&M
- 18:56 - Role models and influencers
- 20:43 - Versatility in his strokes
- 22:03 - Black History Month and experiences as a Black swimmer
- 25:37 - Adjusting to his swimming status
- 27:54 - Growing up in southern Texas
- 31:45 - Outro
In an effort to more effectively tell the stories of our entire membership, we have created this news tip form.
When you hear of a story that is unique and interesting to you, it's probably interesting to someone else too. You're the ear to the ground of this organization - We heard you loud and clear and we need your help. Please fill in each of the fields in this form as completely as possible with the pertinent information so a writer could potentially follow up for a story. The more information you can provide, the better. Thank you for all you do for the swimming community.