Legendary sportscaster Mike Tirico joined the swimming community this past summer by calling the U.S. Olympic Team Trials - Swimming and serving as the nightly analyst of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020. In this episode, he shares his experiences
at both meets, as well as his conversations with Michael Phelps, sportscasting career and even takes time to answer questions from fans.
Hosts Elizabeth Beisel and Matt Barbini finish off the episode by reliving their favorite moments from
2021 and what they are looking forward to in 2022 and beyond.
- 00:00 - Intro
- 05:07 - Golden Goggle Awards
- 05:55 - Tirico's introduction to the sport
- 07:15 - Trials being his first ever swim meet
- 10:49 - Differences between calling a swim meet versus other sports events
- 14:27 - Conversations with Michael Phelps in Tokyo
- 19:30 - Favorite thing about swimming
- 20:50 - Favorite race to call
- 23:58 - Recap on Tirico conversation
- 26:29 - Highlights from 2021
- 32:53 - Looking ahead to 2022 and beyond
Make sure you are subscribed to Kick Set on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your